"And you can call me Laura, Mr. Har- I mean Nick," Mr. Harris is a great father or so as it seems. He has the exact image of a kind father one wishes to have. The way he greeted Andrew shows love and caring toward him. The way he snuggles his arm around his wife is full of passion. So why avoiding such a family while they are receiving you well?

"Oh, I almost forget," Andrew's mother gets a step toward me and shoves her hand before me, "I'm Stella, nice to meet you again and welcome to our family,"

We shake hands enjoy fully before Evelyn asks me to help them in preparing the dinner. I give a look to Andrew, asking him for permission. And he nods, allowing me to go.

The kitchen which just around the corner of the living room where Mr. Harris came out is fully designed of modern technology with a touch of traditional style. The same as any other modern technology kitchen, it has antique white kitchen cabinets with dark island cabinets and granite counter tops. The design is perfectly matched with other parts of the house.

Wow, my heart almost whistles at the design. My mind seems affected as well. Now, who wouldn't be?

"Ok, you do the salad and I do the dessert," Evelyn says excitedly as she grins at me. I bet I'm the first woman of the family or friends who she can get cozy with, well apart from her mother, of course.

"Evelyn," Mrs. Harris warns Evelyn. And I let out a giggle at the mother and daughter,

"It's okay Mrs. Har- um... Stella, I like helping others, especially when it comes down to cooking,"

"Yeah," Evelyn does a fist pump in the air. And we all laugh.

Starting to prepare the dinner, I realize I shouldn't have accepted to help, I mean what if I ruin the salad.

"So how did you two meet?" Evelyn shakes me out of my thoughts. I turn my head so I can see her. She's grinning like crazy. Oh, typical teenagers with their romance.

"We met in one of Andrew's business meetings where he kinda teased me in front of all his staff." I chuckle and shake my head at the memory.

"Oh my, you are kidding me?" her eyes get wide as she stares at me,

"I was being a dummy in one of his important meetings, texting my friend, he snapped in front of everyone, but I apologized later and so did he at a dinner. But technicality we met in a club two days before it, and I... bumped into him," I decide to omit the part when I talked drunk. Two reasons, first it's a secret between Andrew and me. And second, why should I tell his family about my embarrassment. It's not like I want them to get disgusted by me.

"He's such a romantic," she lets out a giggle. Oh, my dear, you don't know your brother well.

After cooking the dinner, which seemed like ready at first, we put the dishes and set out the table in the dining room which is on the left side of the kitchen, facing the large window and to the dark sea. It's seven and time for eating the dinner made by three of us. I just hope I did the best for my salad, otherwise, I ruined their dinner.

"The dinner is ready gentlemen," Evelyn and I got the responsibility of calling the men for dinner. The more I hang out with the Harris family, the more I like them. Evelyn reminds me of my own teenage days before any storm could ruin it, though. Carefree and playful, without being worried about what is going to happen.

Mr. Harris and Andrew get up from the couch. They were discussing... some things which I don't know, but I hope it wasn't about football. Mr. Harris and Evelyn snuggle into each other like father and daughter, and that makes me jealous. It reminds me of my dad. Although, I don't remember how he looked, I remembered some vague memories. I wish I could have them more.