Chapter 5

Millions of fish swim around a huge tank and weave though the various colors of coral. I immediately sit up and press my hands against the glass. It looked just like home.

The men grunt silently at my movement but I don't mind them. I look over the the tank when I see Kennedy's purple tail flash behind some corral.

"Kennedy!" I shout. The men glance at me briefly before ascending a set of winding stairs.

They set me down on a platform at the edge of the tank. They lift the top of my containment and carefully tilt my tank. I fall into the warm water and sigh in happiness.

I look up at the men before pushing my tail to move. I swim around to the corral where Kennedy was and come across a large cave. I enter the cave and look around.

"Kennedy?" I ask and she scoots out of the dark of the cave.

"May? May!" Her arms are instantly around me and hugging me tightly. "I thought you had gone into shock. Don't ever do that to me again."

I laugh and hug her back. "I will try not to." We spent all day swimming around our new home and talking to some of the....sensible...fish.

∆∆∆∆∆

I sit on a rock of our new home and gaze at my green scales. They shimmer even though all of the lights had gone out for the night. The room outside of the water was also dark. It was giving me goosebumps how quite it was.

A sigh excapes my mouth and I prop my chin on my hands. I wonder what is going on at home? I bet mom would be swimming all over the ocean until dad would drag her back home. I smile at the thought. Pearl....she would probably do the same.

My eyes flash to the door as a light appears. A click sounds as the door opens and a dark figure enters the room. I get up from my rock and hold a small piece of coral up.

A smaller light comes from the shadow's hand and illuminates. I slowly set the coral down as I recognize the boy's face from the first place.

I watch as he pulls up a chair from across the room and sets it feet from me. I sit on the sand right next to the glass and look at him. He sits forward and weaves his fingers together.

His handsome....wait....did I just say handsome? I can't say that about a land dweller....Never mind. His hair dropped over his forehead as he looked down at his hands. He looked up at me and opened his mouth to speak but shut it shortly after.

The boy stands up and shakes his head. He starts to drag the chair away and I put my hands against the glass.

"Don't go." I said and he immendently stopped. He nods and sets the chair back down before sitting in it.

I put my hands down and look at him. He opens his mouth again. "H-hi." I smile at his stutter and he clears his throat. "Hello. My name is Ethan. What is your name?"

Can he hear me? I look at Ethan and I point to my ear then to him. "Yes. I can hear you."

I nod. "My name is May."

He smiles widely. "May...that is a beautiful name."

I feel my face heat up and I touch my cheeks. Why in the world is my face hot? Ethan stared at me with amusement in his eyes.

"It's called blushing." He says. I nod and rub my cheeks till they were a normal tempature. "Well...could yo-"

"May?! Where are you?" Kennedy's voice interrupts Ethan.

I wave to him before swimming back to Kennedy. "I'm over here. I just needed a swim."

She wraps me in her arms. "Sorry, I just didn't see you so I thought something happened to you again."

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere." I reassure her while patting her back. "Now, you need to rest. Your tail is still not ready for such activities yet."

Kennedy nods in understanding and sits back down on the soft sand. I smile softly before sitting down.

"We should get some rest. Who knows what tomorrow will entail." I say and Kennedy starts laughing. "What's funny?"

"Entail." She exaggerates the 'tail' part and I start laughing myself.

"Okay, that is flipping funny, but it is time to go to bed." I say while laying down.

"Awe...alright. I will see you tomorrow, May."

"Good night, Kennedy." I whisper and fall into a deep sleep.

(I found fish....lol)

"Rise and shine, May." Kennedy's voice breaks through my void of darkness.

"It's morning already?" I say groggily.

"Yup. You slept like a rock. There has been a lot going on today."

I open my eyes and see that everything was lit and full of life. I sit up and stretch my arms out before looking to Kennedy. Her purple tail shimmered in the false lights.

"How is your tail today?" I say while looking at the end of her nearly healed tail.

"Doesn't hurt, but I'm still going to take it easy. I don't want to rip my new scales off."

"Good. Come one, let's go look around." I said while grabbing her hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
*cringes, waiting for incoming messages* Please don't hurt me....I didn't mean to get this chapter in so very late....Like two months late. I am so very sorry. 😿 Please forgive me. I promise to update sooner than two months.

Send comments. Bad, good, anything. Yell at me if you want. I honestly deserve it from some of the comments I've read from the last chapter. Once again.....I AM SOOOOOOO SORRY!

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

-Shay V--V