"What's that?" she asked. Alex slid the guitar back under the bed and shook his head.

"Just a guitar." he replied. He had thought about singing her the song he had written for her over ten years ago, long before he'd known who she was, tonight at the show. But it wasn't the type of music that anyone in the bar would want and it was too private and personal to share with all of them anyway. He wanted to share it with her and only her.

"You better wear your hair up, sweetheart, it gets kinda warm in there." Alex said and Angelica nodded and grabbed a scrunchy off the dresser. She was just finishing pulling her hair up as Alex put on a smaller t-shirt, that fit his lanky frame tighter and a gray suit type vest on over that. He had chains hanging from the pocket of the vest and connecting to the chains on his pants. He pulled on his big brown boots as she slipped into a pair of high heeled sandals that Kaitlyn had insisted she buy.

"Ready?" he asked.

"Are you sure it's safe?" Alex smiled and wrapped his arm around her.

"I promise. No one is going to hurt you ever again, Angelica. Not as long as I have a breath in my body to defend you with." Angelica smiled up at him and nodded.

"I'm ready." Alex shifted positions and his hand brushed over her breast. They both froze and Alex stared down into her eyes to judge her reaction.. He prayed he wouldn't see fear and he didn't. Instead her eyes were lit with passion and determination.

"Sweetheart, don't look at me like that or we'll never make it to the gig on time." he said. Angelica closed her eyes and swallowed hard. Instead of fear at his touch, she had felt a heat and a passion so overwhelming it had nearly made her knees buckle.

"You can open your eyes." Alex said with amusement. She shook her head.

"Nope. You said not to look at you." Alex kissed her eyelids.

"No, I said not to look at me with all that passion or else we'll never make it out of here on time."

"I don't know how else to look at you." she said with her eyes still squeezed shut. Alex took a deep breath and told Alex Jr. to calm down because he had a three hour gig he had to get through.

"Well let's go then." he said. He dashed them to the backstage area at the bar and Tony and Todd ran over when they appeared.

"We didn't think you were gonna make it!" Todd exclaimed and then he saw that Angelica's eyes were closed. "What's wrong with her?"

"Angelica, sweetheart, open your eyes." Alex whispered in her ear. Angelica did and she looked around to see that the four of them were alone backstage. Alex pointed out through a doorway and Angelica saw all the instruments and equipment set up on a stage. She could also see the crowd and she felt that familiar panic creeping in but, like he always seemed to be able to do, Alex ran his thumb along her jaw and over her bottom lip and she forgot about everything other than him.

"I promised you that you'd be safe. You can sit back here and watch us. You don't even have to go out with the crowd." Angelica nodded and he kissed her cheek.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" a male voice boomed. "THE IMMORTALS!"

"Gotta go, beautiful!" Tony said and he and Todd both pressed a kiss to Angeilca's cheek before running onto the stage, the crowd cheering so loudly that Angelica could literally feel the noise.

"They kissed me." she said to Alex and he nodded and grinned.

"I'll kick their asses for it later." he promised. He kissed her fast and hard on the lips and then ran out onto the stage as well, leaving her standing there touching her lips and wishing the kiss could have lasted longer.