Chapter Twenty-Two

"I wouldn't last a single day, I'd probably just fade away. Girl without you I'd lose my mind. Before you ever came along, I was living life all wrong, the smartest thing i ever did was make you all mine! Crazy girl, don't you know that i love you? I wouldn't dream of going nowhere. Silly woman, come here and let me hold you. Have i told you lately, i love you like crazy girl." Eli Young Band 'Crazy Girl'

Damien walked off the porch and glared up at the sky and the giant full moon above him. All of this was his fault. Angela's torture, his mothers torture, Kaylee being held prisoner, the deaths of countless mortals at his fathers hands had all been his fault because he had been to big of a coward to kill his father nearly a thousand years ago.

"You give yourself too much credit." Angelo's voice came from behind him and he turned to see the dirty angel walking off the porch and coming toward him.

"What are you talking about?" Damien demanded impatiently. He wanted to be left alone, not bothered by this worthless angel who seemed to know everything about everything but wasn't willing to lend a hand and help in any situation. Why hadn't he or his boss done away with Rotan and Victor centuries ago instead of allowing them to kill so many?

"You were standing here blaming yourself for all that was wrong in the world weren't you?" Angelo asked as he stood next to Damien and ran his hand over his tangled beard.

"I was blaming you too." Damien replied.

"Well stop. They're dead now. Well, Victor's dead and Rotan will be just as soon as that wolf is done having his way with him."

"Jake is torturing Rotan?" Damien asked, raising his brow. Angelo nodded.

"Yep."

"Rotan likes pain..." Damien said , thinking that just killing Rotan quickly would have been the best option. Angelo chuckled and tossed his tooth pick down into the grass.

"Trust me, your brother isn't having any fun." Damien nodded.

"Good." he said, thinking about the scars covering his mother's body.

"Listen kid, don't blame yourself or anybody else. Sometimes bad things just happen. But you did good." Angelo said with a nod. "And now I'm going home." Angelo started to walk away but Damien shook his head.

"Wait." he said. Angelo turned to look at him.

"What?" he asked before sucking at his tooth.

"I want a favor." Angelo snorted.

"Why should I do you a favor?" he asked.

"Because you and your boss have made my life hell. I was born to a monster just to do your dirty work because no one else wanted to get their hands dirty. Now I want something in return."

"Other than life." Angelo asked, raising a brow and Damien nodded. Angelo sighed. "The boss ain't big on granting favors... What do you want?"

"I want you to take away my mothers scars." Damien replied. "The physical ones anyway." Angelo tilted his head.

"I thought you wanted a favor?"

"Yes."

"No, you want a favor for your mother. What has your mother done to earn a favor?"

"Your boss put her in that demons hands so that I could be born."

"Yes and then he allowed you to free her." Angelo said with a nod. Damien snarled.

"She doesn't deserve to look in the mirror everyday and see Rotan's handy work on her body." Angelo wanted to say okay and do what Damien wanted but he knew that Angelica's scars would serve their own purpose later in life. There would come a day when Angelo would take them away but not today. Angelica had to learn to love herself and come to terms with what had happened and repair her insides before Angelo could repair her outsides.