Chapter Two

Laney stretched her arms above her head. She smiled as she remembered her dreams. She had dreamed of a tall, tan, gray eyed cowboy who had fallen desperately in love with her at first sight. She looked over the book she'd been reading before she fell asleep and smiled....

Laney stood up and pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before walking down to the kitchen. She found her grandma and grandpa sitting at the table. Her grandma was drinking the tea that her grandpa made for her every morning.

"Good morning." They both said when she walked in. She smiled.

"Good morning." She realized the house was unusually quiet this morning.

"Where is everybody?" she asked.

"Your dad whisked your mom away this morning on a trip to Spain. You know how he is about spoiling her. Lane and Joey are gone to Abbington to try to pick out a crib that they like for the baby. Raquel, Evan and Gwen went to Evan's families house for the day. Jordan and Kent went to LA to visit Alex and Bethany, Greg and Kaitlyn had to go to New York for a fashion show." Rebecca replied. Charles shook his head as he wrapped his arm around his mate.

"I think Bethany is happier than anyone about not having to hide her immortality any more. She loves being a model." he said taking a sip of coffee.

"So what are you going to do today?" Rebecca asked her granddaughter. Laney shrugged.

"I have no idea." she replied. "I guess I might go to town and do a little shopping. I want to go visit the homeless shelter over in Mason Coutny next week but I want to make sure I take some clothes and toys for all the kids there when I go." Charles smiled proudly at his granddaughter.

"You are a lot like your mom. Always helping others out like that. You and your mom have the two best spirits of anyone I know." Laney kissed her grandpa's cheek. She knew that he had been a bad man for a long time and that she had played a big part in softening his heart and bringing him back to his family.

"Thank you grandpa." she said. She grabbed her purse off the kitchen counter.

"I guess I'll head. You all need anything while I'm out?" she asked. Rebecca shook her head and Laney could tell by the look in their eyes as they gazed at each other that they were very happy about having the house to themselves for a few hours.

She smiled, shook her head and walked out.

She was driving her uncle Lane's camaro down the winding road with her radio blasting. She knew she was going too fast. Her dad was always jumping her ass for having a lead foot but she just couldn't help herself. She loved rolling the windows down and feeling the wind blow her long black hair. She supposed that it was the tiny bit of werewolf in her that craved that feeling of freedom.

She came around a curve too fast and went into the wrong lane. A car came around at the same time and Laney screamed as she jerked the steering wheel. The camaro's tires slid on the damp pavement and she went straight into the ditch.

The camaro had no airbags and her head bounced sharply off the steering wheel. She moaned and raised her hand to her forehead and felt the blood. Then she realized that she had wrecked her uncle Lane's most prized possession and she felt panic grip her. The driver door suddenly opened.

"Ma'am, are you ok?" she heard a deep voice with a Texan accent ask. She looked beside her and felt her heart catch in her throat. The man looking at her had dark gray eyes, tan skin, light stubble covered his strong chin and his chiseled cheekbones. He was wearing a black cowboy hat but she could see dark blond hair sticking out from underneath it. He was the sexiest man she had ever seen and the sight of him scared her to death because she had just dreamt about him the night before and many other nights before that.