Chapter Seven

Joey made sure she was out of bed the next morning to see Kaylee before she left for school. She wanted to see the little girl just once more before she went back home and never saw any of them again.

She was about to pull on normal outfit when the bags of new clothes caught her eye. She had not had new clothes since she was ten and the female urge to look pretty was just too strong. She changed into a pair of black silk panties and black lace bra to match. Then she slipped on a pair of tight jeans and an emerald green t-shirt that hugged her body tight.

She looked in the mirror and was shocked by what she saw.. .She looked like a woman.. The new bra emphasized her chest instead of flattening it the way her sports bra did. She saw that her hair was still wild around her face and wished their was something she could do about it. But short of shaving it all off she had tried everything in the past and nothing worked.

She pushed her glasses up on her nose and wished for the thousandth time that she hadn't inherited that particular trait from her father. Oh well.. This was as good as she got and if Lane still wasn't interested then that was just fine with her. She wasn't trying to look nice for Lane anyway. At least that's what she told herself as she took one last look in the mirror and then walked downstairs.

She could hear voices in the kitchen. She walked in to find the table was already crowded. Everyone except Kent, Greg, Bethany and Lane were already awake and eating breakfast.

"Good morning, Joey! We haven' t met yet but I'm Lane's mom Rebecca." Rebecca said coming up and hugging Joey before she had a chance to sidestep her. At first Joey tensed. She was not used to any form of intimacy and especially not from werewolves but then she relaxed and found herself actually enjoying the motherly embrace.

"Good morning." Joey replied. Rebecca let her go and Joey really looked at her then. She had the same hair as her daughter Raquel and the same light freckles as Kaylee. Her eyes were the same bright blue as Lanes. She had a plump waist and the kindest eyes Joey had ever seen.

"You must be hungry, darling. Sorry no fancy breakfast here this morning but we have Captain Crunch or Frosted Flakes." Rebecca said. Joey sat down at the table between Angela and Kaylee.

"Frosted Flakes are fine." Joey said. In truth she was thrilled about having cereal for breakfast.. She couldn't remember the last time she had tasted cereal. Rebecca sat the bowl in front of her and Joey quickly began to eat savoring every bite.

"I don't like frosted flakes," a little boy who looked just like Kaylee said. Joey knew this must be Kayleb. "They get too soggy."

"Not if you eat them fast." Joey replied. Kayleb smiled.

"Mommy tells me not to eat too fast though because I'll get a tummy ache." he said. "You know how mommies are." he added. Joey smiled and nodded but in truth she didn't' have a clue how mommies were. She could hardly remember.

"Mommy, you should see Joey's drawings." Kaylee said excitedly. "We drew pictures together yesterday but hers are really really good! It looked just like uncle Lane only he was sleeping and you could see the sunshine on his face,"

Joey suddenly wish she could become invisible as she sank deeper down in her seat and blushed from her head to her toes. Jordan stood up.

"Come on munchkins it's time for school." she said. Kaylee and Kayleb both moaned and groaned but obeyed their aunt. They left the room but Kaylee came running back moments later to throw her arms around a shocked Joey. She hugged Joey tight and then let go just as quickly and ran back out of the room stopping at the door.

"Tonight I'm going to show you how good I can make a rainbow!" Kaylee said happily. Then she was gone. Joey just sat there feeling her eyes well with tears.