Chapter 2.

I didn't want to start off by putting everything out there, but that's how it's gonna have to go.

It was lunch, and I was hanging out with my best friend Skye. It was 7th grade.

"Do you think that kid over there is cute?"

"Erm... I never really thought about it until now, but yeah, I guess so..."

I had talked to him once during our State History class.

"Hey Kyler! I like your shorts!"

He was wearing Oregon Ducks shorts. My favorite team!

He was a little caught off-guard but he finally replied.

"Thanks!"

I didn't really talk to him the rest of the year, except on the last day of school.

Skye, my other best friend Julienne, and I were going around and hugging random people because it was the end of the school year. I'm pretty sure they noticed me eying him because they asked him if I could hug him. He was a bit confused because he didn't know me that well, but he agreed.

I hugged him and I got a certain feeling. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but it felt nice. It made me feel warm inside, if you will.

Right after the last day of school ended, I went to Julienne's house. We were so excited about what happened that we decided to message him on facebook. Or at least Julienne did. I was a little scared to do it.

Long story short, we got his number. And we both actually talked to him quite a bit.

I can admit that I started to grow feelings for him. Not much though, since we only talked every once in awhile and I didn't even see him, but they were there.

I like to think that was where it all started.

The beginning of the end.