A.I.: Ch. 13

"N-Natsuki-san?" I asked. "Where are your glasses?"

"I'm Satsuki. Natsuki's other half." He snarled. "Now... What was that about murders."

I opened my mouth, trying my hardest to smile.

"Don't think about playing dumb or giving me nice compliments." He said. "Tell me before I tell everyone about murders."

An so I told him.

Satsuki looked baffled. "You kept him alive?!"

I nodded. "I didn't want blood on my hands. At least... Not anymore..."

"I see..." Was all he said.

"Please don't tell on me." I begged.

He stared long and hard. After a full minute, he said, "You didn't kill him, so what's there to tell?"

I sighed in relief. "Arigato, Satsuki."

"I'll help deliver food to Reiji. And... If things get out I control... Be sure to take off my glasses." He said, then walked out.

I smiled. "Thank you."

He walked out.

***

I met up with the remaining Quartet Nighr members. I was Reiji's temporary replacement until thy could find a new member.

But the guys knew that no one could ever replace Reiji. Quartet Night was already done. Reiji was the heart and the soul of the group, the one who held them together. Without him, they were separated.

"Konnichiwa." I said, getting their attention.

Ranmaru looked up from his place on the couch, Camus looked up from his tea, Ai looked away from his place at the window sill. My greeting was silence.

I walked up to Ai and sat next to him. "O genki desu ka?" I asked.

"I don't know." He whispered. "It's just so quiet. It's... Lonely..."

I put an arm around him. His forlorn eyes pierced my heart. "Gomen." I said.

"But you didn't do anything..." He whispered.

'But I did...' "I know. I'm sorry for your loss..."

Ai nodded, sighing. "I've never felt like this... This heartbreaking, empty feeling... It... Hurts..."

His eyes gleamed with tears and I brought him into a hug. 'Oh, Ai...' I thought. 'Gomen... I did this...'

He lightly sobbed into my shoulder.

I felt tears traveling down my own cheeks. 'Ai.... Please stop crying... Holding you like this... Seeing your kawaii face... Don't make me fall so in love with you that I won't be able to kill you...'

After a few minutes of crying, Ai wiped his eyes and regained his posture. "Gomen... For breaking down like that... Oh, Azami... You're crying, too..." He gently wiped away my tears. "Everything will work out somehow, ne? Arigato, ne? For holding me."

I nodded , unable to say anything, too fazed by his small smile and gentle gestures. "Hai..." Was all I could manage.

"I feel weird around you." He whispered. "Ever since I've seen you perform those heart filled and soul filled songs live or on tv... My heart would go out to you. You seemed so much more than what you revealed. Even now..."

"I am..." I whispered. "I'm so much more... But if I say anything about who I really am... You'd be so disappointed."

He leaned in closer. "Disappointed? In such an outstanding and mysterious girl?"

I leaned in, he was so close that I could feel his breath against my skin. "Mysteries are dangerous." I whispered. "Secrets are, too."

"Then, tell me yours." He whispered.

"I've loved you ever since I've seen you perform." I whispered.

Ai was satisfied with that answer. He leaned in and our lips met.

*Kira's POV*
She actually killed him? I wonder how she's taking it...

I heard from the STARISH members that she was going to be with Quartet Night for awhile.

I walked down the hall, to find Camus and Ranmaru walking out of a music room.

"Have you seen Azami?" I asked.

"You don't want to bother them." They answered and continued on their way.

Them? Who was Azami with?

I walked into the music room the pair walked out of,  and found Azami in a passionate make out with Ai. 

My heart burned with jealousy. And, my mind snapped. That was the guy she liked before me! The one where she went undercover and then mercilessly downed him after he broke her heart!

The pair paused their make out session to get air.

I cleared my throat just as they were about to go at it again.

Azami turned red, her hands still around his neck. "Kira-san..."

Ai looked at her with loving eyes before turning to me. "Kira." Was all he said before leaning into Azami's touch.

Azami looked at him with the same, loving eyes before turning back to me. "What is it?"

"We need to talk." I snapped. "Us. Alone."

She sighed. I remember that sigh. Back then, when she had to leave me. That sigh that left me waiting for her to return. "I'll be back." She would say. "I promise." Then, she would brush back my hair, touch my cheek and walk away.

This time, she did it with him. The one oh broke her heart. But, I had no right to think of it like that. I broke her heart, too.

She followed me out into the hall.

*Azami's POV*
"Nani?" I demanded, disappointed.

Kira glared down at me. "He's a target. No love with the target!"

"What about it?" I snapped. "I'm free to love who I please, just as long as I fulfill Raging's orders, I'm free to do as I chose!"

'Plus... It's been awhile since I felt safe, loved, and at home.' I thought. 'He brings back memories. Beautiful memories of the ocean, of cherry blossoms, of mint chip ice cream...'

"Azami!" Kira snapped. "You're putting yourself in danger like this! I'm worried about you!"

"Worried?! Ha!" I cried. "Did you stand up for me when I was abused?! You stood there and watched! If I stood up for myself, I would put myself in danger. You!! You're safe! You're the favorite!! You could've stood up for me!! Or at the least, comfort me afterward!"

*Kira's POV*
'No... I couldn't. That was the one order Raging had for me. Don't stand up and don't comfort her.' I stood there, right lipped as she reprimanded me. She was right. I did nothing.

*Azami's POV*
He said nothing for himself. Hotaru told me almost everything about him. I knew him. He didn't do anything. I was so done with him!

"You're nothing to me now." I hissed. "You are just like Raging. No heart whatsoever. Be his little bird and send messages to him. Tell him I'm with Ai... And I'll kill you, too."

I turned and entered the room, where Ai welcomed me with open arms.

I didn't feel like I was going to regret my decision then...

😱😱😱😱idk!!! I have no idea!!! Comment and vote! Arigato! ^-^

☆〜 Chai