6 Months Earlier

Six Months Earlier

"Gregory, I hope you know what you're asking of me." Eric Santoro said wearily, his thick Italian accent seeping through, as he slumped back into his chair helplessly.

It all felt too real, he couldn't even believe they were having this conversation!

Sophia Williams was the closest thing he had to a daughter- he'd always wanted her to be apart of his family- but definitely not like this.

He had been there when she was born, and was practically a second father to her. Always bringing her sweets and souvenirs from his business trips-always making time to take her to get her favorite ice cream. She'd had him wrapped around her little finger, and he wasn't even her actual father!

Now her father and his best friend came to him with a proposition that put him in a difficult position; one that could potentially make her and his beloved son unhappy.

He thought of his son Gabriel, and how he would react in that moment-which made him cringe. Gabriel wasn't a marrying man. Even at twenty-nine, he'd always been very career oriented, claiming marriage would 'distract him from what is really important,' when Eric knew entirely of the reputation he has amongst his many one night stands.

Sophia was the complete opposite of his son. Kind and sweet, innocent and pure. Not to mention her natural beauty was immeasurable.

'The perfect genes for grandchildren.' He thought.

"Eric, what is there to think about! You've always wanted Sophia a part of your family- and I approve of Gabriel." Gregory's weak voice intercepted his thoughts.

He was right in all he said- but Eric couldn't allow himself to be the cause of Gabriel's and Sophia's unhappiness if he meddled. He wouldn't.

"Gregory--"

"Eric Santoro you will do this for me. Gabriel is the one man I will ever be able to approve of for my beloved Sophia. Once Aaron leaves to go overseas, she'll be alone, having to pay for all of my medical bills, and her college tuition alone. Please, do this for me. Look out for her."

"I can provide for her without forcing her to marry my son." Eric said, heart clenching at the thought of losing the closest chance he had to the daughter he'd always wanted. His family had billions- he'd never let Sophia drown.

But here Gregory was, practically offering her as a perfect wife for his handsome son- and he was passing it up!

Locking gazes with his dearest friend- he stared deeply into his sad emerald eyes; eyes that no longer held hope or joy. It was only then it hit Eric like a bus- Gregory was going to die soon, and Sophia and Aaron were going to be all alone.

They'd already lost one parent, and now they were losing another one.

Eric watched him, studying his features. All signs of health slowly deteriorating-his once glowing olive skin now pale and lifeless. Could he really deprive his friend of his final wish?

"Gregory, consider what this would do to them." Eric pleaded, running his fingers through his thick, dark hair in frustration.

"Sophia will understand her papa's wishes. You know how obedient and kind she's always been."

He was right, he's always been right. And it always pained him when he was painstakingly right.

I mean he had to try right? He had to.

Sighing heavily, he fixed his tired blue eyes on his dear friend. "So how will we get them to marry?"

A large smile plastered on Gregory's face, one that Eric mirrored back to him with just the same intensity.

"Here's what we'll do."

***

Here's a little pre-story;) please favorite if you like it and want more! I need motivation! Next update... Well I'll let you all decide;)

Laters Baby.