"So what now?" I asked breaking the ice.

"We go to ha' job." He said pulling out the garage.

"What do you do?" I asked curious.

He had a huge house, four cars, and I curious as to what he did.

He didn't say anything. He just looked straight ahead as he drove and I shrugged letting it go.

"You sell drugs? Or your one of those king pins?" I picked at my nail polish.

The car came to a stop at a red light and I looked at August and he just stared back at me.

"No I do not sell drugs. Why do you ask so many questions?"

"Just curious."

We parked outside of a white building and got out the car and I started to shiver due to the weather.  August dialed someone on his phone and the person huffed before speaking.

"August what do you want?"

"Come outside man we need to talk."

"About what how you left me you asshole."

"It wasn't even like dat' jus' come on."

"Same ole August I see." She hung up.

Five minutes later I heard her come out yelling and I stood behind August.

"What could you possibly want August. Why can't you leave me alone. You did it once shouldn't be that hard to do it again." She semi yelled.

August step to the side and revealed me standing behind him.

"Our daughta' Raya." He simply said.

She looked at him then back to me. Her faced softened and she looked surprised to see me.

"Hey." I waved standing in front of August.

"It's you. Really you. Your so big. Well not big big but you've grown." She rambled with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah." I smiled.

"Are you ok? Do you need anything? How did you even find me? I mean I'm happy you did." She continued.

"Yeah I'm fine." I nodded.

"She has somethin' for you?" August interrupted.

"Oh yeah I need your signature. I'm getting an emancipation." I pulled out the paper and pen handing it to her.

"I'm sorry? An emancipation, what from your parents?" She questioned.

"From the foster care system. She neva' been adopted." August spoke for me and she looked at me confused before signing them.

"Do need anything else?" She asked.

"Um no I just have to get this to social services."

"I can take you. Do you want me to take you?" She smiled.

"Yeah. You don't mind do you?" I turned to August and he lifted his eyebrows.

"Nah' ion mind." He frowned but quickly changed it to a small smile.

"Thanks." I told him.

"I neva' got around to tellin' you what I do, so if you wanna stop by you know whea' I live." He nodded hidin the real reason he wanted me to come over.

"Ok, bye." I said walking off with my mother.

In the car we made conversation instantly. She kept asking many questions but I didn't mind.