Competition Day

Ok, here's part one! Oh and the competition they're going to is in Washington D.C. I forgot to mention that in the first chapter.
Maddie's POV
"Maddie! Wake up!" my mom said. I was half awake but didn't want to be fully awake. "Maddie! Up! Now! You need to get up, it's competition day!" She's right, it is competition day! Wait...what if my dream comes true?!? You know what, get up Maddie and we'll make sure it doesn't happen... That little pep talk made me get up and actually be ready half an hour early...
~~~~~~~~~Time Skip 1 hour~~~~~~~~
"Alright, everything's loaded. Everybody, in the bus!" Miss Abby said. I followed my mom into the bus and found a seat. I propped up a medium sized pillow and fell asleep probably 2o minutes later. I was asleep for the remainder of the 5-hour ride. Before I knew it I was up and we were pulling up into the street in front the building for competition. We unloaded our things and greeted fans on the way to our dressing room. The next 20 minutes seemed to be blur and before I knew it I was waiting backstage in my costume for my solo. I marked moves and rehearsed bits and pieces here and there.
"Now we have Maddie in our elite pre-teen solo division with 'Golden Girl'. I step out onto the stage and lay on the floor using the position I practiced so many times at the studio and at my house. (Any lyrics are in italics AND bold) The music starts and begin my way up first on my knees with my hands on my hips then then turn around and execute a small fan kick. Afterwards I stand up and do the first turn. I take a step and wave my arm gracefully while my leg comes from behind and slides to my front and helps transition into the next move.
The words start begun to be sung.
These days I've been having trouble dreaming. Can't seem to keep my feet on solid ground. My hopes are shaking, barely breathing...
I continue each move, each one close to flawless. Each turn, leap, wave of the arm I do in sync with the music like I've practiced so much for the past 4 days. A little less than two minutes later I do my ending pose sitting on the floor with my right arm above my head looking behind my shoulder at the audience. "I really liked the solo Miss Abby gave me this week because I could connect it to the experience of Destiny coming to Miss Abby not forgetting me..." I say in a small interview for the show Dance Moms. Although in my head, I knew that wasn't true...I liked it because it forced Abby to spend time with me so she wouldn't forget me...but it was a really good solo too so that was also a plus.
I walk back to the dressing room with my ALDC jacket on my back. I was greeted with hugs by my teammates. I changed out of my solo costume just as Nia (for plot's sake they're running comp solos first in alphabetical order then groups) started for the stage to perform her solo.
"Good luck Nia, knock em dead voodoo witch. " I said and smiled. She flashed a grin and continued for the stage. After she left I continued to take off the golden colored makeup so I could get into my costume for the group dance. Just focus on the group dance now, forget destiny, forget the dream, it won't happen! Forget everything except the dance...at least for now... We still had about 30-45 minutes to stretch and practice before we had to perform. This is gonna be awhile. Hopefully you readers enjoyed it! Until next time!