Chapter 1

(Y/F/N) = (Your First Name)
(Y/L/N) = (Your Last Name)
(Y/E/C) = (Your Eye Colour)
(Y/H/C) = (Your Hair Colour)

Lauren's POV

I am currently walking around the particularly crowded park. Out of all the people I see, she's the one I always seem to be drawn to. I don't know who she is, but there's something about the way her eyes sparkle and her smile shines that just makes me want to get to know her.

She looks to be with a family, most likely her own. The way she smiles and laughs while playing with the two small children shows me that she's truly happy. I watch in awe as she lifts the little girl up and falls to the ground tickling her. The boy, who seems a few years older than the little girl, jumps on her back in an attempt to help, whom I presume to be, his little sister.

They both fall on top of the mystery girl and go forth with their rebound assault. I see them both sit on top of her, tickling the life out of her, while their parents stand on the sidelines watching them, smiling. I can hear them giggling from the other side of the park and I can't help but smile at their interactions. As the mystery girl rolls over, she locks eyes with me and even though there is quite some distance between us, I can still see the way the sun shines off of her (Y/E/C) eyes.

The spark in her eyes soon disappears and is replaced with a terrible amount of fear. The giggling and laughing change into screams of pain and sadness. The sun fades into darkness and the grass changes into pools of blood. Everyone else is gone now and only her and I remain. I want to do everything I can to help her and stop the pain that's seen in her eyes, but I can't. I'm frozen and no matter how hard I try, I can't move.

It's like I can feel her pain and it doesn't take long for tears to escape my own eyes. She's staring straight into my eyes, no doubt pleading for help, and I can't do anything to help her. I'm forced to close my eyes because I can't stand to see her in so much pain. I can still hear her screams, but this time she's screaming my name. It only lasts a few seconds longer before I spring up, eyes wide open and tears running down my face.

I look to my side to see a very concerned Ally. Her lips are moving but I can't hear a word she's saying. I just bury my head in her chest while she does her best to comfort me in my distressed state. About twenty minutes pass before she breaks the silence between us.

"Was it the same nightmare?" I just nod my head, not trusting my voice as the tears slowly roll down my cheeks. "You really should speak to someone about this Lauren. A professional. That's the same nightmare you've been having for the past two months. The girls and I are really worried about you. Have you even told your family yet?" I shake my head and somehow manage to get out a barely audible "No."

The silence doesn't last long until it's broken again, only this time it's by me. "I have to help her Ally." I slowly lift my head off her chest to look her in the eye. "You have no idea how much it hurts me to see her in that much pain. I have to do something about it. I have to save her."

"How can you do that when you don't know who she is?"

"I don't know, but I have to find her. She was so happy before it got torn away from her. I've never seen someone that happy before and I can't let her lose that. I just can't." The last line coming out as a whisper.

"What makes you think that she is a real person? She might just be a figment of your imagination."

"She's real. I can feel it, I can feel her pain. I wouldn't be able to if she wasn't real."

"What do you mean 'You can feel her pain'?"

"It's like I'm connected to her. When she's happy, I'm happy and when she's hurting, I'm hurting. I don't really know how else to explain it."