Chapter 8: I Get an Explanation

I was wondering about the world's existence NOT! I was more along the lines thinking about my life is an awful mess when I got a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I snapped.

"Sarah! You have a visitor!" Mrs. Quake called.

That got my attention.

"Come in!" I replied.

I sat up on my bed as the door creaked open.

"Sarah! This is one of the palace guards. He would like to escort you to the palace to have a meeting with the king." Mrs. Quake exclaimed.

Is this the moment I was waiting for I thought. The moment I know the truth about my existence?

"If you would follow me Sarah." the guard said.

I quickly got up from my bed and followed the guard. I walked into the living room to see Amya starring opened mouth at me. Who's the street urchin now I smugly thought.

"You must have done something wrong!" Amya hissed to me recovering from shock.

I sighed. That's just Amya. Looking for the worst in people and situations I thought. Will she ever learn?

Creak!

The guard opened the door and waited for me to follow. I quickly swam to hurry up with him. He closed the door behind us. My last glimpse before the knowing of my existence changes. Maybe I won't even be coming back I thought.

"Sarah has arrived my king." the guard announced.

"Thank you. You may now leave." the king addressed the guard.

The guard bowed and swam out.

"You are probably wondering why you are here Sarah, right?" the king asked.

"Yes." I agreed.

"Well, our scientist believe they may have found something. In order to be sure we must take a blood sample." the king explained.

"How would you do that?" I shakily asked.

"We would use a needle and use a microscope." the king replied.

"We're underwater. How can you do any of that?" I murmured.

"The scientist will come in any second and take the sample required." the king continued. "As we wait I would like to ask you a few questions."

"Sure I guess. Ask away." I answered.

"So you were in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Los Angeles you say?" the king asked.

"Yes." I responded.

"You were attacked by a shark, do you know or remember what kind of shark?" he continued.

"I think it was a great white shark." I answered.

"Hmmm, I see. Where did the shark bite you?" he questioned.

"In the leg. It has healed quickly though for some reason." I replied.

I looked down at my leg remembering from what I said. It shouldn't have healed so quickly I realized. There used to be a huge chunk missing. Since I've been here it's been no more than a scar I thought.

"Interesting. Okay, one last question. How is your behavior? Eating and strength you know." the king offered.

"Well I am a lot stronger underwater and I am eating food I would never usually eat." I confessed.