The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Two

Zacznij od początku

     “I’ll be in the gym working out if you need me.” I said as I forced myself to turn away from her and make my way out the room.

     “Luca I want up to keep a close eye on her.” Wyatt said as I reached the door

    “Why me? Why not one of the other?” I asked turning slightly to face him.

    “Are you questioning me Luca?” he snapped at me letting out a loud growl.

    “No.” I replied.

   “You’re the only one I can trust with something so precious. I know you can protect her for me, plus you won’t succumb to a pretty face.” He said still a little agitated with me.

    “Wyatt I’m a fighter not a flipping babysitter.” I growl at him.

   “It’s not a request Luca, it’s an order.” He boomed at me in his alpha tone.

   “Yes Wyatt.” I said as I hurried off.

I was furious with him for making me do something as lame as watch her. I could be doing patrol or anything other than watching her. I could feel my body shake with anger as I ran down the stairs; I needed to relieve my frustration. I headed for the gym, hoping that a long workout would do the trick.

****************

(Mia’s POV)

The cold breeze was starting to make me shiver, I would have gone in sooner but I heard shouting from the house and thought better of it. As I stood up and wrapped the blanket around me quickly I headed back to the now quiet house. As I walked along I could sense somebody’s eyes on me, it felt as though they were burning into my skin. I looked up towards the back balcony and saw it was Wyatt, when our eyes meant a small smile appeared on his face. Turned away quickly and ran into the house, there was just something about his smile that scared me a little. I walked up to my room and chucked the blanket on the bed. I felt restless; I needed something to help me take my mind off of things. I needed to clear my head; I was fed up of sitting around moping. It wasn’t going to change anything; it wasn’t going to bring back my mum. Normally when I felt like this I would go for run but I didn’t really feel comfortable running around somewhere I didn’t really know. As I stood there a faint sound caught my attention, it wasn’t loud enough for me to make out. My curiosity took over and I headed towards the sound. It took me down the stairs and past the kitchen into a long corridor. As I got closer I could tell it was a collection of different sounds, I carried on walking until I found myself stood into front of a set of large wooden doors. One was open slightly, I pushed it open a little more and walked in. it was a massive gym with all sorts of different types of equipment. There were rowing machines, cross trainer, weights and all sorts of equipment that I hadn’t clue what it was called. As I looked around I noticed a couple of treadmills. A small smile appeared on my face; at least I had found an answer to my problem. As I started to walk towards it I noticed a couple of people watching me, as I looked at them I realised I was the only female in the room. I turned away from them and carried on towards the treadmill; I need to clear my head and wasn’t going to let anything stop me. I got on and turned it on; starting it at a slow jog to warm my muscles up a bit before I really went for it. As I jogged I took the hairband from my wrist and tied my long hair into a high ponytail and tucked some loosed bits of hair behind my ear. As my muscles loosened up I sated to set the speed of the treadmill faster and faster until I couldn’t feel my heart beat a little a faster. As the adrenaline soar through my system I was reminded of my dream. That overwhelming feeling of freedom, I felt alive. I continued to run when the image of the black wolf appeared in my mind; I quickly turned the treadmill off panting a little. I couldn’t get the image out of my head, something inside me was telling me to turn around. I turned my head over my shoulder, out of the corner of my eye I spotted a familiar face in the far corner. It was Luca; he was using some kind of pull up machine. For a moment I couldn’t take my eyes off him that was until he caught me looking. I told round quickly and hurried off. I quickly headed back upstairs to take a shower. When I reached my door I was surprised to find my door ajar. I cautiously stepped inside to find a single red rose on my pillow; beside it was a note which read ‘Happy birthday Mia.’ It made me feel a little uneasy inside. As I pick up the road it sent a shiver down my spine making me drop it on the floor. I pick it back up from the floor, then grabbed the note from my pillow and throw them in the bin.