Chapter 2

Sweet Revenge: Chapter 2

Just as I was walking into the cover of the woods I heard my father talking to the mind link.

"Winona, where are you?"

"I'm in the woods father, just going for a run."

" We will talk about this when you return. Remember, you have pack responsibilities. You are an Alpha's daughter."

How could I ever forget? That's all I ever heard from my father ever since my mom's death."Remember your responsibilities, Winona. You're an Alpha's daughter, Winona, act like it. It's time to grow up, Winona." Affection was lost with the absence of his mate. Of course, I knew he loved me, but he sure did a lousy job of showing it.

Thinking of my mother's death brought back painful memories, enhanced by the darkness and silence of the forest. I rarely let myself dwell on them, but my mood was spiraling downwards anyways

. I remember cooking with my mother in the kitchen. We were making my father's favorite stew for his birthday. Her face was rosy from laughing with me and her stomach was swollen with her third child. My mother was always a figure of happiness, strength, and security in my life. Of course, I didn't realize that your idols aren't always invincible.

It had to be that day, one of our happiest times, when the rogues came. Our laughter turned into screams of alarm when windows started breaking and doors flew off their hinges.

"Winona!" My mother cried, a frantic look in her eyes. Her hands were covered in blood from the glass on the floor as she crawled on hands and knees. Her eyes finally fell on my wide frightened ones

as she told me to run.

"Go Winona. Run. Hide. Find safety. I love you sweetheart. I always will. I'll see you soon." Tears ran down her face as she told me this. My six-year-old self couldn't handle anymore so I got up and ran. I was about to turn the corner when I saw a group of strange, wild looking men walking the halls. There was one who seems to be the leader.

He was tall, muscled, with long greasy blonde hair that went to his shoulders. He wore a leather jacket and big boots, a pair of dog tags around his neck. Out of all of his features his face was the most memorable.

A strong jaw, full pink lips, and striking blue eyes,all marred by a long giant scar running from his forehead down his left eye and left side of mouth. There was an evil glint in those eyes, a calm and collected anger.

I scooted back on all fours and slipped into the pantry, closing the door just enough so I could see through a crack. Oh, how I wish I'd gone through my first shift already, so I could call to my father through the mind link.

The crunching of his boots on the glass scattered in the kitchen signaled his arrival. He looked down upon my quivering mother, malice in his eyes, as he commanded his "pack" to engulf her. There was much blood that night. And screaming. Endless screaming.

My father came home from a fishing trip with my younger brother to see me kneeling on the blood-soaked, glass covered floor, crying over his mates dead form. The strangled cry that left his lips was the most mournful and lost sound I'd ever heard. He pushed me aside as he ran to her, crying, bawling, pleading for her to come back to him. Holding her mangled hand to his face. I've never seen my father so broken.

He was never the same. He was always tired, serious. No joy left in him. He performed his duties, and nothing more. I lost both my parents that day.

I shook my head, clearing my mind from these dark thoughts. It wasn't a good topic for walking alone in the dimly lit forest filled with unexplained noises.

I sat down on a log, taking off my clothes and setting them to the side. I stayed like that for a moment, feeling the breeze on my skin, pushing my hair in front of my face. I shivered and looked down, my body was covered in goosebumps.

I took a deep breath, calming my mind, as I searched for my inner wolf. I didn't have to search long, she was anxious, waiting at the edge of my consciousness. I still didn't know what had her so agitated today. We had no reason other than normal to be stressed. I let it slide as I shifted into my wolf, letting her take over.

She immediately took off running, feeling the wind through our fur. We loved the thrill of our warm muscles and aching lungs as we exerted our body.

Normally, we ran just for the thrill. We never had a destination in mind, wandering aimlessly. But today, something felt different. It was almost like normal, only I could tell she was searching for something. I tried asking her what she was looking for, but she pushed me aside, continuing her search.

-~- Hey guys! (: Chapter 2 is out! It's kinda short but I was running late so I just posted. Please tell me what you think, I'd love some feedback!! Love you! <3

~SongBird138