Chapter Seven

Note: I just realized that I put Matts last Name as Brooks and Andy's last name as Black and said they were brothers... I went back and switched it so now both of their last names are Black but... yea... sorry for any confusion

Also I'm not supposed to be publishing chapters because... I don't feel like explaining it again but I'm gonna sit this one.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next two weeks passed without anything major happening, and now it's finally the day of Erins release. We had written music for six different songs and we're booked to play at a local pizzeria tomorrow.

Erin has a little trouble walking down the stairs but she's soon in the car and were driving back to our house. Matt's driving, I'm in the passenger seat, and Andy and Erin are sitting in the back.

We pull up and I run to Mine and Erins room to make sure the surprise we had set up was still there. All clear. I bolt back downstairs. "Come come come!" I say in a singsong voice.

She follows me up the stairs and her eyes nearly pop out when she sees the electric blue guitar, the black drum set, the green base and a bejeweled microphone. There are speakers and recording equipment.

I pick up the microphone and hand her the guitar. Matt picks up his base and Andy sits at his drums.

We start playing Broken and we sound amazing. We work on our other songs. "Oh Erin," I say once we finish. "We're booked to play at the pizzeria tomorrow," She screams and jumps around the room wincing at the pain in her stomach. She hugs us all.

"You guys are amazing," she says.

"I know," Andy says. And she laughs. We keep practicing for another several hours.

The next morning I wake up and get ready to go. I put on a white dress with black polkadots and some heeled shoes. I put on my favorite necklace and bracelet and do my hair in a crowning braid. I do my usual make up (cat eyeliner and tinted lipgloss) and go over to Erin to wake her up.

I grab my pillow and hit her in the face with it. "Ow," she groans and sits up. "That's where I keep my face."

"Time to get up, we have to be there in three hours."

"We don't have to be there until four," she says flopping back down onto the bed.

"And it's currently one," I say pulling on her hand.

"Why would you wake me up at one in the morning?"

"It's one in the afternoon you dipshit now get up!"

She rolls out for bed and brushes her hair and gets dressed in a batman dress and hat. She puts on her batman converse and does the same eye makeup as me. "Happy?" She asks going downstairs to get some food.

Two hours later we all get in the car and drive to the pizzeria with all our equipment.

We set up and go to the small room backstage to warm up. "Zigga Zigga zoo, zigga Zigga zoo, Zigga Zigga zoo, zigga Zigga zoo, zigga Zigga Zigga Zigga zoo." I sing slowly getting higher, a choir warm up I learned in fourth grade. I repeat an octave higher and keep doing that as high as I can go.

Erin and Matt are walking around strumming their guitar and base and Andy's hitting his sticks on random objects around the room.

I run through the songs were doing in my head and finally it's time to go on.

We walk out and the crowd claps. "Hey everyone!" I say excitedly. "So we're Drop Dead Freaks and this is our first concert... like thing... don't pee on my rainbow."

"So our first song is called Impossible," erin says to stop my rambling.

Erin plays a chord and we start the song.

"When the world wants you dead
And you can't get ahead
And you scream out but you don't make a sound
Know that I'll be right here
Oh I'll be waiting cause
I know you'll come around

You're gonna make it
Even if you don't
You can fake it
Just go with the flow
When you're crying
And the world thinks you're lying
Just know that
nothing's Impossible,"

I'm about to start the second verse when Matt pushes me and I nearly fall of the stage. There's a thud and I look back to see a knife sticking into the wall right behind where I was standing.

Andy and Erin go full wolf and me and Matt levitate in the air with balls of essence in our hands.

There's a pain in my head like someone's inside it with a jackhammer. Then the pain stops and there's a voice. You're not invincible.

I snap out my wings and float just above the person who threw the knife. I use the balls of essence in my hands to make a large hand that grabs his neck tight enough to hurt but not right enough to kill him.

"So you want me dead?" I ask looking him dead in the eyes. "How's that working out for you?" I tilt my head slightly. "Hm? Cause I think a little cowardly mortal like you couldn't kill a fly if you wanted to." I lift him up higher and the crowd gasps. "Never under estimate me," I set him down and bring my family to the room backstage.

"I didn't realize you were so scary," Andy says smirking.

"Zip it with the comments that you think are funny, someone just tried to kill me!" I snap and he shuts up.

"I was just stabbed and I survived," Erin says trying to make me feel better.

"The knife didn't hit any vital organs for you, that knife would have hit my heart if Matt hadn't pushed me out of the way."

He smiles weakly and I see blood dripping from his arm. "Oh god," I say as I start freaking out. I get a wet washcloth and press it against the gash on his arm. "Did the knife hit you?" He nods and winces as I apply pressure. Blood soaks through the towel and gets all over my hands. "Someone get me a first aid kit," I say not looking up from Matts arm.

It's handed to me by someone and I open it and find what I need, a thread and a needle. I start sewing stitches into his arm and he bites down on cloth he found somewhere. I hand him a clean washcloth. "Bite this instead."

He shoves it in his mouth and I finish sewing him up. "I didn't know you knew how you do stitches," Erin says looking confused.

"When you were in the hospital I watched a YouTube tutorial just incase I needed it in the future." I say and help Matt stand up. He looks pale and there's a small pile of blood on the floor but he'll live. "We need to get him to a hospital," I say and transform into a wolf. Erin helps him onto my back and we leave out the back exit.

"He should be out later today," the nurse says to all of our relief. "He just needs better stitching, good thinking though, stitching him up right away."

I smile slightly and lean on Erin and fall asleep there in the waiting room.

I wake up in the car a couple hours later when Matt shakes me awake. Matt! I hug him and bury my face into his shoulder. "Thank you," I whisper and he kisses my forehead.

"I love you," he says in my ear. My heart stops, the world stops spinning, time freezes, the world fades away. Did Matt just say he loves me? Do I love him too? Yes, yes I do.

"I love you too," I say and I start bawling into his shoulder. I wipe the tears off my face and he lifts me up and carries me out of the car. I hadn't realized that we were home.

He brings me to his room and puts me on his bed. He sits down next to me and I put my head on his shoulder. Somehow I end up lying down and he's cuddled up next to me. He wraps his arms around me and I wrap mine around him. We fit together like puzzle pieces. I smile at the thought.

I fall asleep there in Matts arms, and he falls asleep in mine.