Chapter 36: Is That a Yes?

Friday, October 3, 2014

We all woke up. All four of us passed out last night. I checked my phone. It was 5:45. Our flight left at 9:45. That gave us like an hour to get ready.

"Alright guys. Let get out of here." I said.

"Sounds like a plan. Can't wait to see everyone again!" Kelley said.

"I'm ready to play!" Tobin said.

"I'm ready for the wedding." Ben said quietly. We all heard him though.

"Hey. Me too. Me too." I said and hugged him.

We got up and packed our stuff. We drove to the airport and waited for our flight. Once we boarded we played Heads Up. I was sure some people were annoyed by our childish antics. We didn't care.

Once we landed we got off and waited for team. Many of them were flying in from LAX which arrived at 12:30. It was 12 bc of the time difference. We walked to their gate and waited.

Their plane landed on time. We all stood and waited, excited to reunite with our team.

Alex was the first one off. She came running and jumped into my arms almost knocking be back. Thankfully Ben was standing behind me. "Li! I missed you!"

"I missed you too." I set her down. She grabbed my hands and of course she notice my engagement ring.

"Oh my gosh. Li, it's beautiful. Congrats!"

"Thank you."

"How'd he do it?" She asked.

I knew I'd have to explain to the rest of the team so I said, "I'll tell all of you tonight at dinner." We had a team dinner that all of us were looking forward to.

"Okay. Well way to go Ben." Se said and gave him a hug as well.

"Thanks Alex."

"Okay we'd like to say hi to our best friend, too." Alex rolled her eyes. It was Ashlyn. She walked up and gave me a hug. "Hey kid."

"Hey Ash."

"Congrats." Ash whispered in my ear.

She let go when we both heard, "Li! Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Ich kann nicht glauben, dass ich es verpasst! Ich habe dich so vermisst. Ich liebe dich Li." She came up and gave me a hug.

"Dank Ali. Ich vermisste mehr. Und liebe dich mehr." I whispered in her ear.

"Li!" Carli was running towards me. She gave me a hug. "Congrats. I'm
So happy for you."

"Thanks Carli."

We all said hi. And then gathered our bags.

"Did you guys get the text from Coach?" Abby asked.

"Yeah. Bus is outside and the rooming." Pinoe said.

"Why?!" Kelley exclaimed.

"What Kel?!" I didn't know what was wrong.

"You're not my roomie." Kelley pouted.

"Wait then who is it?" I always roomed with Kelley.

We all checked out phones. "Mich!" Ali yelled.

"Ich bin in Ordnung mit, dass." I say.

"Oh my gosh. Can you guys speak in English?" Tobin whined.

"Sorry. I just like being able to talk to someone who understands it." Ali apologized. Kelley was with Ash and Alex with Tobin.

We loaded the bus and I sat with Kelley. Once we arrived at the hotel we got our room numbers and keys. I headed up with Ali, Ash, Kel, Tobs, and Alex. All our rooms were on the same floor.