Chapter 28: Best Surprise Ever!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

I woke up and Kelley wasn't there.

"Good morning Li." She said and walked out from from the bathroom with her toothbrush. Her words were hard to understand but I got the message.

"Hey." I was kind of confused. "Why are you up so early?"

"Oh I don't know." Okay. She was hiding something. Kelley was never up early. But I just kinda blew it off. "Want to go grab a cup of coffee?"

"Sure." I got out of bed and brushed my teeth. I put on a clean T-shirt and put Ben's sweatshirt over top. I put on my training pants even though we didn't have training.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

"We're gonna get Tobin, Alex, Ali and Ash."

"Okay. Sounds good."

We walked down and shut the door behind us. Once we were out in Kelley said, "You go get Ash and Ali. I'll get Alex and Tobin."

I nodded and went to Ali ad Ash's door. I knocked. "Who is it?" Ali answered.

"Ich bin es." I smiled and heard Ali walking to the door. She unlocked it and greeted me with her contagious smile.

"guten morgen Schönheit." Ali said and pulled me into a hug.

"guten morgen Ali." We walked in the living area and shut the door behind us.

"Al, who is it?" Ashlyn yelled from inside their room.

"It's Li!" Ali yelled.

Ashlyn came running and gave me a big hug. "Hey kiddo." She said.

"Hey Ash." I said and smiled.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Well, me and Kel wondered if you guys wanted to go get coffee."

"Come on Ash. Lets go." Ali said. She had disappeared and now emerged from their bathroom. She grabbed Ash's arm and pulled her out of the room.

We got met the trio in the hallway. Alex and Tobin were reppin the Thorns.

"You guys ready?" Kelley asked.

"Yep." Ali replied.

We walked to the nearest Starbucks. We ordered our coffees.

"Can I get a name?" I heard the cashier ask.

"Tobin."

"Wait. The Tobin Heath?" She a sounded shocked. That caught my attention and I watched the events unfold.

Tobin laughed. "Yep that'd be me."

The cashier took her time and studied all of us. "And you're Alex Morgan, Kelley O'Hara, Ashlyn Harris, and Ali Krieger." She stopped at me stumped. "Sorry I'm not familiar with you."

"It's alright." I said. "I'm Liana. Liana Webb."

"When'd you make the team?" She asked.

"Just this past month."

"Well congrats. To all of you. I can't wait to watch you play."

"Thank you." Alex said.

We got out coffees and sat around a table. Many others recognized us. We took pictures and talked with them. Then we found a place to shop. I didn't get anything but we were all obsessed with dressing up and then taking pictures. We wasted like half the day in the same store. We grabbed a late lunch and then headed to the hotel.