••1••

There was a shortcut through an alley so I decided to take the shortcut. It was pretty dark outside. The only thing lighting up the streets was the dim street lights that filled orange light through the night. I felt the wind going through my hair making my cheeks rosy from the cold.

I reached the alley and held my pepper spray close to my body. You don't know what kind of people wonder in the streets.

I almost passed the alley when I felt something cold against my throat. I started to panic I pulled my pepper spray out, but I was too late it knocked out of my hands.

"Move and get you throat sliced," a man hissed in my ear. There was cold metal on my neck. I couldn't move out of his grip. I felt hot tears fall down on my rosy cheeks. I was honestly afraid and didn't know what to do.

Well, you see it was late and I closed up my shop. When I got into my car it didn't start up. So I decided to take a shortcut.

"Now why don't you listen to me, hunh? If you do as I say I won't hurt you sweet thung," he whispered in my ear. I felt a wave of disgust. I was so scared I decided to do as he told me if I wanted to get out of here alive.

"Empty you purse. Take off all your jewelry," he told me firmly. I hated how disgusting I felt being touched by this creep.

I was glad that I don't wear my engagement ring to work. I never liked anything on my fingers when I worked.

I was about to take off my silver earrings, that was a gift from my parents when I felt someone was walking by.

"Help, someone, please help me!" I pleaded. That person walking by was my only hope. I felt the creep make a cut on my throat. I screamed in pain. I felt little hope blossom in my heart when I felt that someone running up to the scene.

He grabbed the creep by the arm and threw him on the ground and started to beat him up. My throat stung and it killed me not to make a hiss. I never felt so relieved in my entire life. I looked up and saw the most handsome man standing in front of me.

He was roughly 6'5 with a muscular built. He had a deep frown on his face. Snap out of it Maya, you have a freaking fiancé that loves you.

"Thank you so much," I thanked him with a relieved face. He nodded in response. I started to walk home when I felt a strong arm wrap around my waist and pull me back.

"You can't wonder in the streets alone, Cenerentola," he said in a thick Italian accent. Oh, that accent gave him so much advantage with everything. I had no clue what he called me in the end. Cenerentla, what?

"I have to get home, I live close by, but my car broke down," I explained to him. He nodded as if he was processing what I was telling him.

"I'll walk you home, my Damigella in pericolo, " I had no idea what he said again but it sent shivers through my body.

"Thank you," I said quickly and started to speed walk home. I didn't want to talk to him in any way because I felt like I was going to embarrass myself by blurting out something stupid.

"What's your name, bambola?" God that accent is driving me insane. I just wanted to hear him talk in Italian all day.

"My name is Maya Keen, what about yours?" I whispered without making any eye contact with him because the way his eyes sparkled was very intriguing.

"Well I'm Anthony De Luca, but call me Tony," he answered back huskily. My 5'5 height was cowering over his ginormous height. He said Tony differently. It sounded like Th-ony because of his thick Italian accent.

"You're Italian right?" I asked getting interested in what he was going to tell me. I waited patiently.

"I am Italian, and I'm from the famous city Milan," he answered back without missing a beat. My eyes widened. I stopped and started to jump up and down in excitement.