the first day..

Arnavi was very eager to go to her college. she got up early in the morning for her special day. as soon as she took bath, the struggle started, you might have heard about ' struggle for existance' this is struggle for selection of costumes and dresses.Finally she somehow ended up with selecting her favorite black and white classic. she did puja as soon as possible in a hurry to rush to the college. her mom went running towards the gate to wave her hand.

she reached the college after traveling 15 kms from her house. finally, she could see the college gate a mile away. the sight of the gigantic gate started a multitudinous thoughts to run in her brain. some filled with curiosity,some filled with anxiety, some filled with excitement. she passed through the gate and saw the atmosphere which hardly looked how it was supposed to be. all she could see was gangs of so called students who were busy in talking to each other as if they have discovered to talk just then.

Before digesting all these bewildering scenes she heard a summon refering her to as "hey chick", it was a call from her seniors who generally refer all their juniors with different names like "chipmunk, chick".

"Don't you know how to wish seniors?" asked a senior.

"good morning sister" wished arnavi.

"That's not the way to address your seniors. you chicks are ordered to address your seniors as sir/madam", yelled the senior madam.

arnavi with a petrified look said, "sorry madam"

That group consisted of a bunch of seniors whose looks were quite similar to that of the ones by the police during a third degree investigation on an atrocious criminal.Before they could talk something, they heard the ringing of bell, listening to which they got up and permitted their first year chick to leave.

Mitigating from the mess created, arnavi headed into the college. 

"Excuse me miss", came a call listening to which adrenaline in arnavi's body pounced.But it wasn't the call from any of her seniors.It was her classmate in her most flashy dress drawing  obnoxious impressions in the first look.

"could you please walk me to the first Bsc stats class..?? " asked the girl,

"I am searching for the same, let's move together.",said arnavi .

Both of them finally found their classroom after a series of enquiries from the adminstrative staff of the college roaming in the corridors.by the time they entered into into the classroom,they saw a stuffed shirt_type person in his mid 50s standing near the blackboard.

"may I get in sir", asked both the girls in unison.

he nodded his head,considering that as a gesture of permission to enter,both of them entered into the class and sat in the last row of the benches as all the remaining were filled with their co_batch mates.

He was Mr.Pattabhi,professor in mathematics.head of the department too.As it was the first class.he had introduction and an interactive session with his students,sounding authoritarian and uncompromising. He also sounded as if he wanted to take the complete possession of his students in his very first class. This proved that he is not the person to be trifled with. "thung thung" rang the bell which extricated them from his monarchy for that day. arnavi could see a sense of relief on the faces of her classmates after the draconian session.

then arnavi took the lead to introduce herself to the other girl and came to know that the girl's name is "Ananya".The remaining part of the classes are introductory and interactive sessions only. That was pretty good day except the deterrent session by the seniors. Arnavi took her bus and reached home.She could see the anxiety in her mom's eyes to inquire about the first day in her college.

"how was your day.?"asked her mother.

"It was a good one amma", answered Arnavi.

Arnavi has a habit to delineate all the happenings of the day to her mother. As she is the only child, her mother felt the need of comforting her to share everything with her unlike friend. Arnavi rarely felt the need of having a sibling to share something because her mother fulfills that need too.