Chapter 31

I am soooo sorry that I haven't updated lately. Idk how long ago it was, but for some readers to probably felt like forever. I've been on vacation, but I got back a couple days ago. But now school starts in like 2 weeks😔 UGH FIRST YEAR OF HIGH SCHOOL WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME😲😲 Anyway I also haven't updated because I had no clue how to continue the story, so with a little help from my friends I came up with this. Enjoy:)
//////////////////////////////////
Riley POV
"Maya is fine, the baby is okay as well."
It felt like someone lifted a two-hundred ton weight off my shoulders. I hugged Josh and smiled, for once there can be no drama in my life.
"But."
The doctor interrupted our happy moment.
"The baby is very small,fragile and sick. She has an infection."
I saw Josh's face turn as white as a ghost.
"Wh-what kind of infection?"
He stuttered.
"A very serious lung infection."
Josh stumbled back and little and fell into Lucas's arms.
"That- that's what I had when I was a baby and I almost died! I don't want to lose my kid like that."
The doctor gave a warm smile.
"I hope you don't have to. Maya and the baby are resting right now so you can't see them till morning."
He walked away and the three of us lingered in the hallway.
"I need to take a walk."
Josh muttered as he rushed away.

It wasn't until now I realized I was squeezing Lucas's hand so tightly. I quickly let go and let his hand fall back against his leg. Yes, we're a couple, but something's different. It's not like it was before.
"I can't imagine what we would do if this happened to one of our kids."
Lucas commented.
I nodded.
After everything we've put love through plus this, I don't think we would've ever survived it.
"Riley."
"Lucas."
We said in unison.
"Riley, I like you a lot and I will do anything for Brent, Cassie and Max. But this relationship of ours, i-it's just not working. The whole boyfriend, girlfriend thing, I don't like it anymore."
I could feel tears in my eyes. I knew this was coming, everyone in my life always ends up leaving me.
"I don't wanna be your boyfriend anymore. I wanna be your husband."
Lucas got down on one knee and pulled out a small ring from his pocket. It wasn't that fancy or glamorous, but that's life.
"Riley Matthews will you do the honor of making me the luckiest man alive and marry me?"
I wanted to cry, but this time tears of joy.
"Yes."