Rebel Yell

I kept an eye on Pierce throughout the day. He was working with Dwaine today helping him do oil changes, detailing and changing tires. He wasn't really watching Dwaine. He told him what to do and he was doing it. I was impressed but I wouldn't admit it.

Pierce was cocky but just one look at him and you could tell why. He was drool worthy. But I would never admit that to him. He was probably about 6' 4", midnight black hair that went down to about his shoulders, and piercing green eyes that reminded me of antifreeze. Yes, I would be the person to think of something to do with a car when it came to it. He was buff but not to bulky and had tattoos everywhere. He was the kind of guy daddy's brought their guns out for.

The kinda guy that is my type look wise. But I push the thoughts out of my head. "Lunch time boys. I ordered some pizza, it's in the break room. Clean up and eat." We took a lunch break for a half hour at twelve and stayed open until four. I did give the guys a break though. We are closed Saturday and Sunday.

I was sitting in the office during lunch paying the monthly bills when there was a knock. I peered up to see Pierce standing there. "Yeah?" I asked going back to the task at hand. "I was just wondering if you knew of any places for rent near by? I'm living in the hotel down the street but I want something to settle into." Why is he asking me? Look in a fucking paper. "I don't know. Have you tried craigslist or the classifieds?"

He nodded. "Nothing in my price range or near by. I don't need anything big. Just if you hear of anything could you let me know?" I sighed. If I wasn't so goddamn nice I swear. "I have a little room above my garage at home. Big enough for a bed, dresser, and mini fridge probably. 300 a month and it's yours. Mostly to cover your electric and water use. But don't invade my privacy and I lock my doors at ten pm so I suggest you take care of you bathroom business before then." He cocky grin was back and his dimples poked out a little. God, this is going to suck.

"And no bringing girls back to the place go to there's to hook up or whatever. I don't need to hear your mating calls all goddamn night." Why did I even say anything I should of told him I knew of nothing. "You know underneath that tough girl exterior you are a sweet heart." He said with a wide smile. "Get back to fucking work." I grumbled.

When it was time to close up I was beat. I said goodnight to the guys and locked up the place. When I headed out to my car I saw Pierce waiting for me. "I'm going to grab dinner you can join if you want." I offered while getting in my car and pulling off without an answer. I drove to Sally's dinner a few blocks away. I went here almost every night for dinner. I loved the food my dad and I came here every night because he couldn't cook to save his life. I also got free food so there was a plus.

I parked and got out seeing Pierce pull up beside me and follow me inside. I took my usual booth and he slid in across from me. "What's good here?" He asked peeking at the menu. Before I could answer Sally came over with a big smile on her face. "Hi there hunny, would you like your usual?" I got the same thing pretty much every time I came in. A grilled cheese with tomato, side of honey mustard, fries and a chocolate shake. "Make it two please." She nodded. "Are you still going to be able to work Saturday night?" She asked me. I nodded. "Yes ma'am." Sally glanced at Pierce then winked at me. I just rolled my eyes.

"How many jobs do you have?" Pierce asked with a curious look on his face. "The shop is my main job. I work here one day a week, usually a Saturday or Sunday. I also do one race a week and I do a few side jobs for people here and there. The money I make from everywhere else I put aside and save for incase something happens with the shop and I need the extra cash to take care of it. My father worked hard creating the shop into what it is today and I am going to work as hard as I can to keep it alive. I remember my father had a break in and vandalism done to the shop when I was younger and he struggled then to fix everything and regain money. I work hard now so if that happens I will be prepared."

"Do you ever make time for yourself?" I shrugged. "I have every Sunday if I don't work here and I take a week off in the summer for vacation." He food came and Pierce eyes his plate skeptically. "Just try it. It's the best thing you will ever eat." He dips his sandwich in the honey mustard and took a bite. He the smiles and nods in agreement taking another bite.

After dinner he follows me back to my place. I pull into the garage and lock my car.  He walks in and follows me up the stairs. "So this is it. There's a futon that you can use. I'll find you some blankets and pillows. You can use the shower let me show you where everything is."

He follows me into the house taking his shoes off at the door. Wow, he has manners. "Living room, bathroom, kitchen. The washer and dryer is in the basement." He nodded and kept looking around at the photos on my walls. "This is your mom and dad?" He points to a picture of when I was just home from the hospital. "Yeah." Was all I could say. "You look a lot like her." He states I turn around and start to walk away. "I'm nothing like her."