Chapter 6

So my spring break is over and now I'm in overdrive for the next nine weeks. I kid you not, I have multiple exams each week which is very annoying and stressful and makes it hard to find time to write amid all the studying. BUT I'm still not putting my stories on hold and I'm still planning on updating, which I usually do about every week and a half to two weeks. I really apologize for that and I know I majorly suck but come June and you'll be getting many many manyyy more updates.

So once again, my apologies. 

Thank you to everyone who reads and is patient with me and thanks to those that vote and comment and fan. Your support is amazing and much appreciated.

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors)

8888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888888

Chapter 6

Peter

                “You still haven’t told me why we had to run out of the restaurant. Who was the man that seemed hell bent on chasing you down?” Claire asked me curiously.

                We’d been sitting in a relatively peaceful silence until she spoke her question. I had been silently contemplating Claire’s answer of not having mate and still couldn’t figure out what she meant by that. Was her mate dead? Had she just not found him yet? No, I thought finally. The way she had said she didn’t had a mate implied that she had never had a mate and wasn’t expecting to ever have one. I wanted to question her more on that but it seemed like a touchy subject with her and since my own mate had passed, I understood her need to keep that information tightly locked up. Still, though, I was burning with questions. Why does it matter so much to you whether she has a mate or not? I don’t know I thought quietly, answering the question running through my head.

                At Claire’s question I was torn from my questions and immediately reminded of why I had taken her here. On second thought, I wasn’t exactly sure why I had taken her here, a private place by the river, because I had never shared this place with anyone else and yet this was the first place that came to mind when we got into the taxi. However, there was no question as to why I had needed to leave that upscale restaurant immediately.

                “Are you going to answer my question or sit and stare at me?” Claire snapped after a few silent moment.

                “Feisty are we?” I teased. It was amusing to see her get riled up.

                “Just answer the question.” She glared at me and I bit back a smile before growing serious.

                “His name is Marcos and the women is his wife, Yalaina.” I sighed, unsure as to whether I should tell her this. “I’m sure you know about my past and about Ariel.”

                I gulped in a breath of chilly night air when I spoke of Ariel. I never talked about her because the pain was too much to handle.

                “I was there when the attack happened.” Claire murmured quietly, looking down. I waited for it to happen, for her to say it. This was when everyone always said sorry and looked at me with pity.

                It never came.

                Claire simply looked at me with sadness lining her eyes but no pity. She didn’t say anything else and waited for me to continue on with my story. Trying to bite down my shock and relief, I decided I should at least tell her the whole story as a way to make up for ruining her evening.