Chapter 1

So for those of you who didn't read I'm Sorry, Who's Your Mate? you may not get all these characters but eventually you will. For those of you that did read the previous story, I know there's a lot of recap but it's needed to start.

I know that I'm going to get a few comments asking questions about Paige's situation (especially after this chapter) so let me say now that it will be slowly revealed.

Thank you for waiting so long and being so understanding and patient

Dedicated to Xxsparks_flyxX for making not one but two banners (check external link for second). Thank you for taking the time to make both of them and it was very hard to choose between them so I put both up. 

As always, a huge thanks to my fans and everyone who comments and votes and fans and thank you for just reading the story

(Sorry for any spelling/grammar errors)

*******************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1

Claire

                Sometimes it just happens. Far and few between, we’ll admit, but there have been cases such as yours. We’re not quite sure why it happens but sometimes people are born without mates…

                I slammed the pen back on my desk as I forced myself away from my thoughts. That was five years ago and I had accepted it. While unfortunate and heartbreaking, it was just something I was going to have to deal with. Besides, these days the world was all about independence and the power of women. I didn’t need someone else to complete me.

                But I’ll never have that fairy tale werewolf life with a mate and children.

                “Claire?” Natalie, my assistant, interrupted by thoughts as she opened my office door and poked her head in. “Mr. Henderson is on line one.”

                “Thank you.” I spoke on an exhale and nodded.

                Picking up my phone I greeted my newest client and browsed through my notes on the project I was doing for him. Mr. Henderson was a very detailed man who wanted updates every week on how the construction of his complex was going. I spent the next hour going over every detail with him and answered all his questions, many that he’d already inquired before. By the time he was satisfied with the progress of his new apartment complex it was already lunch time.

                “Natalie?” I pressed down on the button that allowed me to contact my assistant.

                “Yes?” She replied happily.

                “Do I have any meeting scheduled for the rest of the day? Please tell me no. I have a mountain of paperwork and plans to go through. I have to draw up some new sketches for Mr. Henderson on a section of the building and fax it over to his office by the end of the day.” I silently wished that my day was open as I really didn’t want to take my work home tonight.

                “You have a meeting with Mike from accounting to go over the budget for one of your projects but I’m sure I can move that to tomorrow morning.”

                “Yes, thank you. Anything else?” I spun my chair around and looked at the sky reaching buildings dotting my view. New York. It truly is a city of a concrete and lights.

                “You have two hours blocked out for lunch with your sister. She called this morning to remind you and she said, I quote, “that you had better not think about canceling or I will come to your office and drag you out” end quote. I don’t think you can reschedule that.” Natalie chuckled softly.