Part 19

It's been three days since Thomas and I went to the fair, and we haven't really talked since. One text message every hour or so isn't really talking. At the moment I'm laying in bed, staring at the ceiling, unable to rest my eyes. It's 8am, so I guess I could climb out of bed. I remove my phone from its charger, and slip on my socks before walking down stairs. As I enter the kitchen, my heart flutters at the sight on the table. Laying on the kitchen table are pink rose pedals, and sitting in the center of them is a cake. I slowly walk toward the table, and scan the gifts closely. I realize there's a card resting beside the cake, and I pick it up carefully. Printed on the front of the card is a red heart with the words "you are my world," printed inside of it. I smile, and open the card. On the left hand side of the card is a picture of Thomas and I at the fair, which we had one of the workers take. On the right hand side of the card is a paragraph, handwritten in black ink. "Y/n, we have known each other for what seems like forever, but we've only started talking about two months ago. I wouldn't want that night to have gone any other way, I don't regret fighting with Isabella, I don't regret looking up at your window as I was sitting on my porch, but I do regret leaving you at prom. That was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made, and I still feel guilty. So I want to make it up to you... Meet me at the school at 7 and make sure you wear something nice." I can't believe he did this for me. I close the card, and a tear rolls down my face. As I go to place the card back in its place, I see there's a bill laying there. I pick it up, and unfold it, there are 6 $100 bills and a little note is wrapped around them. I open the note, and more tears stream down my face as I read it. "Remember, be there by 7. Here's a little something to buy a nice dress." The note drops from my hand, and it sways back and forth through the air before gliding onto the ground. I am still in shock, and I couldn't be happier. But I can't accept this from Thomas, he's already done enough for me. I remember my phone in my back pocket, and quickly take it out to text him. "I'm not letting you pay for a dress," I send, then lay my phone on the table. I fold the bills back, and put them on the table once more. I can't believe he would actually pay that much for me to buy a dress, plus the roses and the cake. As I walk towards the counter, my phone buzzes on the table. I quickly pick it up, and open the text message. "I insist, either you pick one out yourself, or I'll pick one that I think would look nice on you. Have fun shopping love.(; )