CHAPTER 1

"Elaine," my sister's voice invades my world.  Before she so rudely and unnecessarily interuppted me I had been listening to music and had allowed it to hover over my deep and horrible circumstances,yet all she wanted to tell me was: 'Oh he is soooo cute...' I quickly avert my eyes, before I  say something terribly hurtful."Elaine, did you hear me?" Hesitantly, I turn and look at the boy in the car adjacent to our's.

Something about this seventeen year old is different, don't ask me what, but when I caught his gaze a rush of winds ran through my body. Winds of love... Joy... Happiness... No! Stop it...  get out of my mind! The boy smiles arrogantly. "Stop looking at them," my sister's voice invades my thoughts again. "Sorry,what? Did you say 'them'?" I ask. My sister nodds making sure that she does not look at the boys.

I lean forward looking out of the window. Twins. Guy twins. Wow. The first difference I observed was that the first one, even though they were identical, was cuter and definitely more arrogant than the other. The second one wore round glasses and had braces and red spots. Nerd ... But both of them  had dimples. Their blonde hair and blue eyes glimmering in the setting sun as we approach our holiday destination. Deep down I had this hope. A hope that my life would be that sun; set,stay away, darken the lives of my loved ones, allow them to miss me and be lost in the darkness,perplexed by my absence, and finally rise afresh in the  early morning hours, but alas.

The nerd smiles broadly and waves. A lump forms in my throat; this is going to be a long holiday.