6. "Wow, Brad, you're so articulate"

Mulai dari awal

"What?" He asks in a flat tone. I smirk.

"Nothing"

I think he might kill me. His expression is just hilarious to me right now and I'm dying to laugh. He's just so easy to wind up.

For a moment, I genuinely think that he's gonna throw something at me. But he doesn't, he just starts eating his cereal again.

"So are you doing anything nice today?" I ask him, though unsurprisingly receive no reply, "ooh, exciting" I add sarcastically, "what an interesting life you lead"

He opens his mouth to say something but at the same time, Tris walks into the kitchen.

"Morning guys" he yawns, before placing himself down on a spare seat, "how are we all?"

"Good" I smile. I'm in a great mood. Shame can't be said for Brad.

"What's up with you?" Tristan asks his moody bandmate.

"Didn't get much sleep" Brad mutters, "someone was on the phone all night-"

"I was not on the phone all night" I scoff, "I was on the phone for about ten minutes at the most"

"Well, your loud voice still woke me up!" Brad argues.

"Who were you on the phone to?" Tristan asks.

"Probably some boyfriend" Brad answers for me, "poor guy probably doesn't know what he's getting himself into"

"God, don't act like you know me" I scoff.

"What? Are you seeing someone?" Tristan starts the interrogation. I roll my eyes.

"No-" I begin but Tris just ignores me and carries on.

"Who is he? And how old is he? And is he older than you?"

"I'm not seeing anyone" I tell him sternly, "if you must know - because you're all so fucking nosey " I direct that bit mainly at Brad because this stupid conversation is his fault, "I was on the phone to Millie because she'd had a nightmare and wanted to talk to me, sorry if that woke you up, maybe you should take this argument up with Millie herself if her having a nightmare disrupted your life so much"

The room is quiet and Brad just stares at me with a slightly sheepish expression and then looks down at his cereal. He feels bad. Good.

"What was she having a nightmare about?" Tris asks with a frown, "why didn't she ring me?"

"She always gets in my bed when she's had a nightmare" I explain, "she's done it since she was little, it's become a habit"

"I didn't know that" Tristan pouts, sounding concerned.

"She didn't wanna get in bed with Brittany because she didn't want to catch fleas," I say casually, "so she called me instead"

Tristan gives me the 'play nice' look at the mention of Brittany's fleas.

"Also, she keeps pestering me about going home to see her and she wants to see you too" I explain, "so if you free soon, we should go"

"Yeah, I'd love to see her" he agrees, "I'll ask Joe about our schedule, it'll be nice to go home for a bit"

"Plus, I need to see what Brittany's done to my room" I add, "probably turned it into a ferret hutch"

"You can't keep saying things like that about Brittany" Tristan tuts, "she's gonna be our sis-"

"Don't say sister, Tris, I will cry"

"Well, you're gonna have to start getting along with her at some point"