Jessie

*Jessie Above*
Anxiously, I watched the clock. My foot tapping the floor repeatedly until it's screeching traveled. I collected my books and left the room, traveling to my locker. I grab my phone and sneak it into my pocket,

"Hey, come watch practice!" Collin, my boyfriend, came up beside me.

"Sorry, I have detention from Mr. Brenner again." I admitted, slamming the door shut. He frowned,

"You're not using detention as an excuse to cheat on me, right?" He checked. I shook my head, eyes wide. He grinned and kissed my forehead before leaving to the locker rooms. I made my way to the classroom, only to see a dark haired boy with glasses slip and drop his books. I had saw the janitor mopping and I guess he hadn't put a wet floor sign. I kneeled down, picking up his books.

"You take advanced chemistry?" I asked, handing the boy his books. He straightened his thick glasses and nodded,

"I'm surprised you know what chemistry even is." He insulted.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"That you lack intelligence."

"I do not lack intelligence, I'm in advanced chemistry too." I shamefully admit. I hadn't ever told anyone, and it wasn't a hard thing to hide. Most of the nerds of the school were in advanced chemistry and most of them weren't too social. However, I didn't recognize this boy and assumed he went at a different period.

"Sure you are, and I'm the most popular boy in school." He jokingly said. I scoffed and headed past him to Mr. Brenner's room. As soon as I entered, Mr. Brenner placed a box of clorox wipes and a dust pan on my desk. I glare at him with a confused expression.

"Clean the room, I'll be back in an hour." He checked his watch and left me alone. I sighed and began wiping each desk and dusting. A boy trailed in, he wore a dark leather jacket with a lip piercing. He looks around and spots me cleaning and chuckles.

"Oh shut up, person." I snapped. He tossed his backpack on the desk and sat down. I set down the broom and look at him,

"You're supposed to help too." He shook his head,

"My name is Ethan, tenth grader." He said in a bragging tone. I rolled my eyes,

"I didn't ask for your name, sophomore."

"Look who's talking, Freshman." That was an insult.

"For your information, I'm a Junior. Now clean!" I tossed the Clorox wipes to him, wishing this would end.