the one with mischief managed

"In a world where you
can be anything
be curious."

I GOT MY trunk and the Hogwarts ticket. I made sure that I took every thing, taking extra precautions that the monstrous book of monsters didn't go and hide under the bed. It has a tendency to do that.

After checking out I took a cab to the Kings Cross Station. On my way there I used my phone to the maximum extent because no one knows whether there'd be network at Hogwarts.

When I reached the station, everywhere was filled with muggles. See what I've become! I used to be a muggle and now I am thinking them different. Well, perks of being a friend with a Death Eater's son. I mean, Draco is a good guy after what I read. He just needs shaping up.

I pushed my trolley around and stared at the barrier between 9 and 10. It looked very solid. I started to walk toward it. People jostled me on their way to platforms nine and ten. I walked more quickly. I was going to smash right into that barrier and then I'd be in trouble- leaning forward on my cart, I broke into a heavy run- the barrier was coming nearer and nearer - I wouldn't be able to stop- the cart was out of control- I was a foot away- I closed my eyes ready for the crash-

It didn't come . . . I kept on running . . . I opened my eyes. A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, eleven o'clock. I looked behind me and saw a wrought-iron archway where the barrier had been, with the words Platform Nine and Three-Quarters on it. I had done it. Smoke from the engine drifted over the heads of the chattering crowd, while cats of every color wound here and there between their legs. Owls hooted to one another in a disgruntled sort of way over the babble and the scraping of heavy trunks.

In platform 9, I felt like an outcast carrying around an owl. Here every single one had some or the other weird creatures. Ferrets, owls, cats, rats and bats were what people in the Wizarding World petted. It was awesome to see to be honest. I don't think I know anyone here. Most of the Hogwartians were not really popular in the books.

I walked up to the train as a guard took our luggages. I handed him my American Tourister bag which he took weirdly because everyone here has steel trunks and not leather bags. I decided to keep my school bag with me since it contained the essentials.

I walked up into the train and was immediately greeted with magic. There were some silver glistening Transfigured birds flying. Some people were throwing sparks at each other playing Exploding Snap. I managed to cross them all trying to find an empty cabin provided that I don't want to be a privacy intruder.

Many people stopped and turned to look at me probably because none of the third years have ever seen me. I tried to ignore them as much as possible as I walked on.

"Skylar," I heard a familiar voice of Draco call. I stopped and looked towards a cabin where Draco was seated with a boy I assumed was Blaise Zabini. Pansy was yet missing.

"Oh, hey," I said stepping in as he invited. I placed my bag beside me as I got comfortable in the seat beside Draco.

"You look," Blaise fished for words, "different," he said.

"I know," I mumbled looking around the train compartment. This was no ordinary train it was Hogwarts express. And I felt strangely out of place.

"Do you like it?" Draco commented with a smirk.

"Way more than necessary," I replied in awe.

"Wait till you reach Hogwarts," said a new voice at the door. I turned to face none other than Pansy Parkinson. She smiled sweetly at me and it was quite hard to realize whether it was real or fake. She had glossy, shoulder length black hair, sleekly combed, and wore a black dress with a sort of cape. She looked really witchy.