14. the sky is everywhere

Start from the beginning

The curly-haired boy nodded as Tristan slowly pulled his fingers out, revealing something skinny and translucent, like a fish bone. Bambi watched with furrowed brows, a gasp crossing his lips as the unknown object flashed green again, lighting up the room, before falling colourless once again.

"Holy shit," Tristan whispered, turning it over into his hands.

"Tracker activated," a robotic voice sounded from the object as it proudly glowed. Bambi widened his eyes and smacked it out of Tristan's hands, repeatedly stomping on it until it fell colourless again, skinny wires spilling out of the unknown object.

He glanced up at the blue-eyed man with wide eyes. "We are in trouble, Tris! We need to go!" he panicked.

"But your wrist -" The blond clapped a hand over his mouth, running towards the toilet and burying his face into the bowl as he emptied his stomach at the thought of it. Bambi paid no mind to him, rushing across the room and snatching his military jacket from a chair, hurriedly pulling his arms through olive green sleeves.

"You need to get your phone, Tris," Bambi instructed, like Tristan wasn't puking his intestines out into a toilet bowl, "and meet me outside."

The twenty-one-year-old wiped his mouth on the back of his hand, breathing heavily. He quickly flushed the toilet with his wrist and ran towards the sink to scrub the younger boy's blood off his hands and arms. He caught a glimpse of his reflection as he turned the faucet off. He looked exhausted-he was exhausted, but there wasn't much of anything he could really do about that.

The twenty-one-year-old scurried out of the room, Bambi disappearing out of the door as he snatched his phone off the nightstand and followed him outside. It was nearly pitch black outside. Tristan could barely see anything, but he could make out the curly-haired boy rushing down the concrete staircase before the small boy looked up and motioned for him to come down with him.

"Can I see your phone?" the curly-haired boy questioned, extending his good arm out to Tristan. The blond hesitantly placed it in his hand, gasping loudly as the small boy threw it to the ground, stomping his white sneaker onto the cellular device. His screen instantly cracked by the first stomp, pieces flying across the concrete.

"What the fuck?"

"Your phone can be tracked," he explained, stomping his foot on it one last good time before kicking it underneath the staircase. "I think we are good. Let's go."

"What about my phone?!" Tristan cried. Bambi locked his fingers around the taller boy's wrist and dragged him through the parking lot. There was no one outside except the two of them. Suddenly, the twenty-year-old paused his footsteps, facing the vehicles lined up in the parking spaces. "Why did you stop?"

"We are waiting," the brown-eyed boy explained.

"Waiting? For what?"

"Sh, you will see, Tris."

Tristan questioningly eyed him, a shaky sigh passing his lips. They silently stood there underneath the bright moon, Bambi's fingers around Tristan's wrist, the tall boy breathing heavily. He could barely sort his thoughts out. The idea of his mum being a GBI agent twisted his intestines. It seemed so unrealistic. Sure, his mum had been acting strange ever since Tristan suddenly returned home alongside Bambi, but her personality was nothing like how he imagined an GBI agent. She was too sensitive and barely moved from the couch as far as Tristan could remember.