Chapter 27: Dinner with the bad boy's family

Start from the beginning

"I'm fine" I answered, confusion lacing my words.

"I wanted to talk to you after the dinner with your grand mother" she explained and I nodded my head, finally getting what she was talking about. "But Ace asked me not to" she cleared.

"Why?" I asked.

"He wanted to talk to you" she said with a smile. "He really cares about you" I smiled at what she said.

"He's sweet" I admitted and watched as she grinned. "He really helped me" I explained and watched as her face softened.

"After the death of his father, he changed" she told me while taking the bowl of salad. "You're bringing out the old him" she said and a frown took place on my face. His father was dead?

"It's a good thing?" I questioned hesitantly.

"Oh, yes" she told me with a smile.

"He didn't tell me about the death of his father" I said, a bit sad that he didn't share such an important thing with me.

"It's not something he like to talk about" she said with worry in her voice. "Two years ago, he was my little boy who would care about people's feeling but now, he cares only for us and his friends. You changed him. He cares for you" she said. "Usually he plays with girls and once done, he throw them as if they were some used toys, but with you it's different" she told with me with shiny eyes. I could not believe that Mrs Carter was telling me all that.

"We try to help each other, Mrs Carter" I told her. "Unwillingly, I gave Ace a big importance in my life and That's what I'm afraid of" I admitted. "I've had a rough past" I told her without looking at her. I didn't want to get into the details. "And I don't want it to repeat itself" I said.

"Ace's a good boy" she said with live when she talked about her son. "He would never hurt you" she pointed out.

"I know" I smiled. "I just need time" I told her and we made our way to the dining room to find the guys already seated. Rachel was sitting between Daniel and Alex. I made my way between Ace and Lily. I didn't made eye contact with him as the heavy make out session replayed in my head. Damn! I was already blushing. Mrs Carter took place and everyone started talking.

"Thinking about earlier?" I heard his husky voice asked tauntingly beside me. In cue, my cheeks reddened more. "You were!" he exclaimed in amusement making everyone turn their attention to him.

"She was what?" Rachel inquired with a little smirk and Daniel had a grin on his face. Ace must have told him.

"Thinking of something" I replied, glaring at Ace.

"What?" Daniel asked teasingly.

"How stupid you are" I retorted and he narrowed his eyes at me while Ace chuckled beside me. All time during dinner, Mrs Carter would ask all of us questions and we would laugh at Alex's stupid answers. I had a great time with them and Mrs Carter made me feel at home.

After dinner, we moved to the living room. It was really spacious and it has a really modern touch to it. The wall was white and the furniture was white. What really caught my eyes, was the piano who was in the corner of the room. While the others moved to the couches, my feet made their way to the piano. I let my fingers run on it's soft surface and I stared at the photos that were on it. I noticed a man who looked like an old version of Ace. His dad was really good looking too.

"You know how to play?" Mrs Carter's voice broke my thoughts and I smiled. Just when I was about to reply, Rachel did instead of me.

"Yes, she knows" she replied and I nodded.

"Can you play a song for us?" Mrs Carter asked with a little smile and again, just as I was about to reply, Ace beat it to me.

"Yes, she will" Ace responded and I rolled my eyes.

"You know guys, I can talk!" I exclaimed and Mrs Carter laughed. I sat in the bench and put my fingers on the keys. "What song?" I asked.

"Say something" Mrs Carter replied instantly.

"It's her favorite song" Alex said and I chuckled. I started playing the song.

'Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I... I'm feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl
Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye
Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)
Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...'