Chapter 52- The Big Bang

Start from the beginning

"I say that, but really I just sit outside her house, across the street in my car, hoping I guess." He shrugs, curling his lips in his mouth and then letting out a sigh, "Baby steps I guess." He says, and with a slight chuckle he back off the porch, holding up his cup to me, "Thank you for the best coffee ever." He says, the dead grass crunching under his shoes as he walked to his car.

"Any time." I shout, waving my hand one last time before shutting the door. If only there was a way that I could help Adam, but I couldn't. I couldn't hand him a bucket full of courage. He had to build that inside him himself. Walking back in the kitchen I went straight to the freeze, taking out my coffee and adding in some ice cubes, then the milk and sugar.

"I really don't want you hang out with that guy." He tells me when I walk back in the room.

I roll my eyes, taking a sip of my sorry excuse of an iced coffee and warming up a bottle for Colton, "Since when did I start listening to you about who I hang out with or not?" I tell him, shaking my head.

"I don't like the guy." He states.

"You don't say?" I gasp sarcastically. Ok, I might have lied slightly. I miss JC's smart mouth and sarcastic comments, because I do it too of course.

"I'm serious, I don't want him around my son." He says, turning in the chair to show me how serious he was being.

"He's also my son, Adam is also my friend, and I have no problem with him being around Colton. If you have a problem with it you're going to have to deal with it. It means nothing to me if you don't like the guy for no solid reason." I explain to him, putting bottle in the bottle warmer for thirty seconds.

"I have a very good reason, I don't want my son to grow up and see another man around and think to call him dad because you're infatuated with him." He scoffs, shaking his head at me, "If I brought by every girl I was infatuated with you wouldn't like it."

"No I wouldn't, but I also know any girl you'd bring over wouldn't even compare to me, nor would I worry about them replacing me in any potential way." I correct him flat out honestly. I then turn around, crossing my arms over my chest as I figure something out, "And that's what you're worried about? You're worried that I could move on with Adam, and it scares you because he could possibly be a better 'father' because you're so insecure. You still have doubts that you can't be a good father because of how your father was." I say, pointing it out.

"I could care less. I'm his father in the end." He argues, turning back around to feed him.

"Then why do you care who I'm hanging out with then all of a sudden? Are we dating, are we married? If one day down the line I get married Colton will have a step-dad just like he will have a step-mom if you get married. God knows why some girl would want to marry you, but crazier things have happened." I ramble, throwing my hands up in the air.

"Yeah crazier things like you getting pregnant the first time you have sex." JC says, heating up the argument. Like throwing gasoline into a wild fire.

"Oh really? Crazier than you getting a girl pregnant after sleeping with dozens of girls already? At least you're being smart now and carrying around protection. Thanks for the over-due consideration, but I'm glad to see you know what a condom is now. You might want to clean out your pockets before you leave your pants on the floor in the corner of the room for me to wash." I dispute, grabbing the bottle out of the warmer and slamming the cap on top to shake the bottle.

"Oh- oh! You want to go down that road, ok." JC says, throwing down the spoon and raising his hands in the air, "When you realize all Adam wants is to stick it in you just remember you're not on birth control. We won't want the princess making another mistake."