7

When we were both done with our breakfast Wil gave me the honor of taking a shower before him which was a bad idea because I tend to use all the hot water.

No later then an hour or so we were both dressed and ready to leave the hotel for a bit.

"Do you think that police officer will ever come back? He said he would be back in a day or two." I asked Wil, as we walked towards town.

I was started to get worried and my crazy theories that something bad happened wasn't helping me at all.

"Yeah, sure he is" Wil assured, sending a warm smile my way.

"One more question Wheaton.. Shouldn't we you know not be out in the open where people can see us, most importantly you?"

"Oh who's gonna notice us here, like you said most of the people in this town are old. I don't think they would recognize me."

I looked up at him with an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. Hopefully he was right.

The Brisk winter air blew in my making me wish my coat was bit thicker. The chilly weather didn't seem to bother Wil that much. Which made me jump to conclusions like how he's possibly a cold blooded mammal.

"Right here, here it is" Wil said pointing to the small grocery store. Our refrigerator back at the hotel had 0 to no items inside of it so we took the liberty to go shopping.

We both had no idea what we were doing, I always went grocery store shopping with my mom so everything was new to me.

"Do we need Salad dressing?" Wil asked looking up and down the aisle.

"Why would we need Salad dressing? I asked grabbing a carton of small milk.
"Do you plan on buying salad?"

"No. I hate salad."

"Oh my god then why would we need salad dressing Wil?" I raised my voice a bit

"I don't know! I usually see it in my fridge at home" he said equally as loud.

I stared at him in disbelief. Not knowing what exactly to say anymore. After a while I couldn't keep a straight face. I broke out in a loud fit of laughter, who could stay mad at him? He was to clueless and adorable.

"What's so funny?" He asked slightly confused.

"Nothing" I said finally getting over the recent events. "Can you go grab a box of Rainbow Brite?"

He nodded and walked off to the cereal aisle, coming back with the Pac-man cereal and a sheepish smile instead.

When we got everything we thought we needed from the store we grabbed our bags and walked towards the hotel room.
On our way back, there happened to be a phone booth I didn't seem to notice coming here. The sight of it reminded me of home.

"Wil, wait" I said stopping him in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" He asked, struggling with the heavy bags in his hand.

"I need about 50¢" I pleaded "I wanna call my parents"

"No way" Wil scuffed and continued walking.

"What! What do you mean, it's only 50¢. Don't you wanna call your family too?"

"It's a waste of money, we're already running low on it. Plus the officer told them everything. There's no point" He tried to persuade me. I stared at him in disbelief. Was he honestly making a big deal out of me wanting to call my family.

He won't let me use 50¢ but he can almost buy a pair of glasses for 10 dollars in the middle of winter.

"Fine then." I gave him one last glare before walking a bit faster to the hotel room. It wasn't like I could get away from him for good, but a few minutes of distance will work too.

I sat in the living room trying to convince myself that I wasn't waiting for Wil to walk through the front door, but who was I kidding. I was waiting for him.

Snapping me out of my thoughts the boy with numerous amount of bags came in the entrance panting, probably from slaving everything up the stairs.

"Thanks for helping me" He said sarcastically, placing everything were it was suppose to go.

And now that I knew he was okay I was planning on going back to being mad at him.

"That's fine, I don't want your help putting these things away anyways" He sarcastically remarked yet again.

But I stayed silent.

"Are you gonna talk to me?"

When I didn't reply Wil sighed and took a break from putting everything away.

"Hey it's not my fault you couldn't call your folks"

That was enough to finally get me to lash out on him.

"What are you talking about?" I bitterly laughed, standing up in front of him.
"This is all your fault you couldn't give me 50 damn cents"

"Your hair is actually really nice" Wil smiled.

"And you know what you asshole!" I stopped mid sentence, registering the last thing he just said.

"Excuse me" I asked still boiling with anger.

"I said you have really nice hair" he repeated himself, his smile growing bigger.

My anger slightly fadded and I wanted to break into a smile that matched his but I didn't wanna show him how easily he could make me go from a scary rage to a smiling dummy.

So I turned around and found myself walking to the bathroom before closing the door and looking at myself in the mirror, finally allowing my reflection to show the stupid smile I tried hiding from the teen heartthrob in the living room.

Without knocking Wil opened the bathroom door grinned at the sigh of me beaming at my reflection.

"I like your smile" he said, his eyes lingering at me through the mirror for a while then backing away, closing the bathroom door behind him.