Eobard Origin I

The year is 2151. He is born Eobard Malachias Thawne, the son of two parents who have created him and chosen the best of genetics from their family line. His hair is as blond as the Greek god Apollo, and his skin is unblemished and soft as newborn skin is supposed to be. He has eyes of the azure skies, which are also intelligent and knowing even just after birth.

He has just been born, and already he is aware and mindful of the world he was thrust into.

The years pass and he is no longer a baby. He is a child, but he does not act like one. He's smart. He's intuitive. He's precocious.

His parents are proud of him and call him a genius, citing they'd chosen well in their gene selection. He is seven years old when they decide to try for another one, to resolve the one flaw about him. His inability to socialize.

Robern Tiberius Thawne is then born. He struggles to take care of his brother, whom his parents leave off to him most of the time. Eobard is a child, but he is smart and despite his frustrations, he learns to be a parent to his younger brother.

Eobard is still incapable of socializing. He does not see the need, especially when the rule of society is to connect but not to keep close.

"It's 'connect but not connect,'" his mother says.

It is a conundrum, a hypocrisy. It makes no sense, but intimacy is frowned upon in his society. Smile and connect...but don't let anyone come too close. Eobard prefers to daydream, live outside of this society that has rules, too many rules, but not enough sense.

He hears about heroes and daydreams about a world where he is surrounded by heroes and maybe even become one himself...

Eobard is eleven when his class is taken to go to the Museum of Heroes. It is an amazing architectural goliath, celebrating all the heroes that have formed the Age of Heroes of the past. He passes Captain Atom, The Question, even Supergirl. They are all awe-inspiring and Eobard, for once, doesn't daydream but lives in the moment and in this glorious temple of a golden age.

But then they head to a separate division and he is confronted with not just heroes but gods.

They enter first to visit the section dedicated to Green Lantern –the man that was Hal Jordan. Shades of green encompass the exhibit in emerald wonder, and he is continually in perpetual awe. He barely catches up to his class, caught up in the glamor of heroes passed.

They enter Wonder Woman's exhibit and it's blue and red, with gold accents everywhere. The ceiling has stars in its skies, and a gold statue of the Amazonian to match with the emerald crystal likeness of Green Lantern in the other room. He reluctantly pulls himself out of that room, even more than the first time.

But it is the next room that has him enraptured.

The room is swathed in comforting shades of scarlet red and warm gold hues. There is a towering ruby effigy in the middle of the room and he gazes in more than just awe.

He's worshipful.

Her name is Barry Allen. She is beautiful. The various holograms around the enormous room show that, just as much as the effigy has sculpted her into a goddess. Her eyes are like a kaleidoscope, a hazel that has fragments of blue and green meshed together on a background of brown, and flecks of gold dotted randomly. Her brunette hair is tightly kept to her head in a fishtail updo, but he aches to push back the wayward strands in front of her face.

But it is her lips that he locks onto. Not because they are soft and pouty, but because they quirk up into a smile, an unfamiliar gesture in his society. Her face, her expression...it is so much more different than the world he lives in accepts. Not even the other heroes he's passed by are the same as the way she looks at him now.