13. eyes wide open

Start from the beginning

"Do receptionist ever know what they're doing?" she joked, shrugging her shoulders. "And it could be his first day on the job."

"There is no one in here except you and I," the twenty-year-old tried, "and they took a photo of Tristan. It is all too weird."

"What are you so worried about?"

"I think that psychologist is not who he says he is," Bambi explained, jumping up from his chair. "I am worried for Tristan. I am going to sneak into the room and see if he is okay."

Suddenly, metal was tightened around his wrist and the curly-haired boy was yanked back into the chair, his arm bounded to the arm of the chair as his wide eyes took in the woman's face, the kind persona wiped clean. "You're not going anywhere, Nineteen-Seventeen," she snarled, whipping a badge from her pocket. "I'm from the GBI - Goverment Bureau of Investigation, and you're under arrest for -"

Bambi yanked his handcuffed arm away, breaking the arm of the chair as he jumped back up, grabbing the arms of her seat and shoving it backwards, the legs scratching against the tiled floor as she slid away. The receptionist's attention was instantly caught at the woman falling back out of the chair, and he slid over the desk, charging for the confused small boy.

The curly-haired boy took hold of the coffee table, shielding himself from the man before knocking it against his body and shoving it into the woman jumping back onto her feet from the tiled floor.

He ran. Dashing off towards the direction he'd disappeared, he could hear footsteps chasing after him. Bambi opened each door as he ran, glancing into the dim-lit rooms for the sight of the twenty-one-year-old with no luck. He quickened his footsteps and shoved open the next door, frowning. It was locked.

"Tristan!" Bambi screamed through the door, pounding his fist against it before shoving his shoulder into wood. It flew open, brown eyes taking in the drowsy man strapped to a wheelchair, struggling against a doctor with an IV.

"Bambi!" the blond happily slurred, a sloppy smile making its way on his face.

"This is a private session," the doctor nonchalantly informed him.

"Get away from him!" Bambi demanded, slamming the door behind the two of them and locking it.

"I don't think that's an option," he claimed.

"You have three seconds to leave him alone!" the brown-eyed boy warned. "One..." He inched closer to the doctor, expecting him to back away, but he only nonchalantly watched the small boy. "Two..."

Bambi narrowed his eyes, shoving the large bed-like chair into the door, preventing anyone from entering the room. "Three..."

Tristan fluttered open his heavy eyelids to brightness, limbs numb and motionless as he took in his unfamiliar surroundings. The blond slowly rolled on his side, eyeing the twenty-year-old sitting on a chair beside the bed. Suddenly, memories came rushing back all at once - blurry images of the psychologist with the large needle, the wheelchair and the IV pole, the brown-eyed boy bursting in and attacking the man before injecting the needle in the man. It didn't feel real. It felt like another incomprehensible dream.

"Where am I?" Tristan questioned, voice thick with exhaustion.

"Tris!" the younger boy exclaimed. He scurried onto the bed, snaking his strong arms around the man and engulfing him in his warm embrace. "I missed you so much! You just would not wake up!"

"What happened?" He furrowed his brows at the tears streaming down the curly-haired boy's cheeks.

"The doctor tried to hurt you," the brown-eyed boy explained, "and then your mother and the receptionist tried to hurt me."

"My mother?"

"She cuffed me to a chair!" He frowned at the memory. "She told me I was under arrest and she is from the GBI."

"What?" Tristan jumped up from his pillow. Pain ricocheted through his head, pulling him back down onto the sheets, breathing heavily. "You're making things up," he assumed.

"No," the younger boy disagreed, "I do not have much of an imagination. She tried to arrest me, but I got away."

Tristan carefully lifted himself onto his elbows.  He couldn't believe the twenty-year-old's words. There was no way his mum was a GBI agent. She'd always been around the family as far as he could remember, and his dad would've known of her identity by now. He also couldn't see why the GBI would want Bambi, out of all people. All he did was attack six police officers, not the prime minister. It wasn't a government matter. "This doesn't make any sense."

"It does not," he agreed. Bambi brought a shaky hand to his face, wiping away falling tears. "I do not understand what is happening, Tris. I have done nothing wrong. They cannot arrest me!"

"Stop it, everything is going to be okay. This is probably just a big misunderstanding."

The curly-haired boy sniffed. "I am s-scared, Tris."

"Sh"-he cupped the smaller boy's hands in his face-"don't panic. We'll figure this out together. I promise."

. . .
sorry about the short chapter 🙈 and lmao if you noticed i casually made up my own FBI. i know i'm so creative lmao.