24 - 'What. A. Day.'

Start from the beginning

"Um, I can't cook." He looked at her guiltily, causing her to chuckle lightly.

"How could I forget. Well go and get take-out or something and take Klaus with you." She waved him off dismissively.

"But can't we just get it delivered?" He whined.

"No."

"Fine." He muttered walking out of the living room. "Klaus! come on where getting take-out."

"Why, can't we have delivery?" Klaus whined from the kitchen, causing us both to laugh at how similar they sounded.

When the front door shut behind them, Beth turned her whole body to face me with a massive grin on her face.

"I'm so happy! I could jump for joy, I've always wanted a daughter of my own." She screeched like a teenager. "We can go shopping together, we can go on girly holidays, go to spas together ahh, where would you like to go? What about Brazil, I heard there was this amazing spa somewhere in the rain-forest. Do you think you could have time off school for a week or so..." Her eyebrows furrowed like she was thinking hard about something.

"Er, Mrs. Iverson I'm in my senior year, its kind of important to stay at school..." I reminded her.

"Please! You should know by now, call me Beth...." And then just like that, her eyes flickered up to mine mischievously.

"What?" I asked concerned.

"IM GONNA BE A GRANDMA AFTER ALL!!!"

"What?!" I screeched horrified, no doubt the biggest ever blush to flood my cheeks.

"Oh don't look so surprised hon, of course, that's not going to happen in for a while, but give it three or so years, and I'll have a little grandson in my arms." She beamed looking down at her empty arms and smiling as though there actually was a baby in them. Er, the thought of being a mum is rather... terrifying to me. I'm only seventeen!

She must have noticed my horrified expression because she quickly composed her face.

"Oh excuse me, I didn't mean to worry you, I just haven't been this happy in a long time, I was beginning to think Klaus was never going to find you, and I'm just so glad it is you. I can't think of a better mate for him, he needs someone like you." She smiled adoringly.

"Um thanks" I blushed as she looked me over.

"I'm sorry I must be making you feel uncomfortable. You see the real reason I wanted to speak to you alone was about that incident today, I think you need a girl to girl talk." she smiled warmly, and I cringed internally. How can she be so excepting of me? When I was the reason for her son's fighting.

"I'm sorry about Wesley" I began, feeling horrible with myself as I remembered his heartbroken face.

"Don't apologize, you did what you thought was best. I'm sure you had your reasons for keeping it from him. Okay so maybe tonight wasn't the best time, but then again you weren't the one to tell him, and it was pretty obvious, now that Klaus has you marked up as his" she chuckled and I frowned at her confused.

"H... he marked me. How? And how do you know?" I whispered horrified, "Do I have 'I'm Klaus's mate' marked on my forehead" OMG what if I do! I felt my heart beat faster, but all she did was chuckle at my expression.

"Calm down honey, you don't have it written on your forehead. You do have it written here though" with that she lifted up my – well Klaus's - jumper causing me to gasp. My eyes landed on my mark which was now outlined in electric blue, and a Japanese inscription had been miraculously added to it.