24 - 'What. A. Day.'

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"WHAT?!" Mrs. Iverson screeched, "Is that true?" Klaus looked up at his mother regretfully and then reluctantly nodded. WHAT?!

"WHEN?" I was the one to ask now, when did this happen? Klaus turned his back on Wesley to face me. His eyes full of regret as he reached out his hands to take mine, but I stepped back.

"It happened the night..." He began, and I could see hurt in his eyes now that I'd rejected him.

"Enough!" Mr. Iverson's voice bellowed over the scene. "Sons you are somewhat of a disgrace to me right now! Klaus you are..." He began but then stopped as his eyes went to the human receptionists who were sat there transfixed in the confrontation happening in the small room. "You have a responsibility, you have people to protect! And today when we needed you, you were too busy beating up your best friend! Now I hear you're beating up your own brother! What's going on son?!" He roared, shaking his fist aggressively.

"I...I don't know" Klaus whispered shaking his head. He then went to sit on one of the chairs and hung his head as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration. He looked so vulnerable. I felt some crazy impulse to go to him and comfort him, which was totally stupid because I was supposed to be angry with him for beating up Wesley.... Again.

"I think its time we go. All of us" Mr. Iverson directed the sentence to everyone standing around, and within seconds they were all reluctantly piling out of the reception.

"Klaus" I whispered, going over to sit next to him and rest my hand on his shoulder.

"You're comforting HIM!" I heard Wesley shout.

"Because he's mine" I whispered and then immediately realized what I said, as Klaus raised his head in shock to stare at me. Wesley didn't know quite what to say to that, so when I heard the door slam, I knew he'd stormed out.

"Angel I'm sorry" He pleaded, and he rested his head on mine and took my hand in his. This time I couldn't find it in me to pull away; I was too tired, and as much as I hate to admit it, his touch was making me feel a little less upset about the whole situation.

"This has got to stop" I frowned. "You can't keep beating people up."

"I'll try" He whispered wrapping his other arm around my waist and pulling me into his side.

"No that isn't the correct response" I grimaced.

"Fine, I won't beat anyone in my pack... or Wesley's pack again" He gulped, and I knew he was probably thinking of Nick and the reason he beat him up in the first place.

"Alright" I sighed pulling away from him. "Come on let's go."

'_' back at the Iverson residence '_.'

The house was quiet when we got in. Mr. And Mrs. Iverson where seated quietly in the living room and I could almost sense the sad atmosphere.

"I'm sorry" I whispered standing in the doorway with Klaus standing behind me.

"Honey you have nothing to be sorry for" Mrs. Iverson smiled weakly gesturing for me to come and sit next to her. "Klaus could you go and put the kettle on?" she instructed.

I sat next to her, and she turned to me.

"Welcome to the family." She grinned pulling me into her in a massive bear hug. I was sort of shocked, I thought she'd be upset that I didn't tell her sooner... "Why didn't you say!" Okay, I guess I thought too soon.

"I...I" I began, but she shook her head.

"It doesn't matter hon, what's done is done" she smiled warmly. "Babe, can you go make some dinner?" She asked and just like that Mr. Iverson jumped up and then kind of froze and looked at her. I didn't know what was more shocking her calling the powerful Mr. Iverson 'babe' or the fact he did exactly what she asked without a second thought. It almost made me want to go aww.- That was until he stopped mid-step to look at her.