Wax

Date: Dec 19th, 2014

Real Name: Stephen Anderson

Alias: Wax

"This has got to be the most boring job in the world," I said.

Me and my father were touring a wax factory. My dad had owned this place. I had to job shadow him for a school grade. Below us was a huge tub of melted wax. It was fairly warm in here.

"That is not fairly true. I could be working in a cubical at Walmart or something," My father replied.

Yeah right, producing objects that are used in case the lights go out. Asking my dad questions about a job no one could give two shits about is really fun.

"So, you have to job shadow me. Ask me a question."

"How did you get into the position that you are in today?" I read straight from the clip board with the crumpled up paper.

"I was 29 when one of my co workers explained the company plan to me. This was a year before you were born. So he read the schedule for the next year. Upon hearing it, I realized this company was going no where. So, at the next meeting, when my boss started talking about the schedule. I stood up and said that we needed to change how we are producing the wax and so on and so on. They started listening to me and eventually I got promoted. Another 15 years later, a few promotions here and there, yada yada yada. Now I'm here."

"Um, yeah I only have limited space to put this and that story you were telling was so boring that I timed out a bit," I said.

My dad sighed. He grabbed the clip board.

"Have you even listened to me?" he asked as he flipped through the blank pages.

Why the hell is there so much to write about this anyway? My teacher won't find this interesting.

"Hey!" I heard someone yell from just by the was pit.

I looked at my 25 year old half brother, Damien

Oh look, here comes dad's favorite.

My brother looked somewhat similar to me. I had dark skin and he had somewhat lighter skin. His teeth were slightly yellowed just like mine. The only thing that really changed was his haircut. We both used to have dreads until he shaved his head bald.

I like him. He is a great older brother. But unfortunately for me, he's also a great son.

Damien came up to me and gave me a hug.

"How's that girlfriend of yours treating you?" he asked with a large, yellowish grin on his face.

"She's kind of upset that I got in school suspension."

"You got in school suspension because you punched a kid," my father started to raise his voice at me.

"Dad, the twerp hit on my girlfriend!" I replied.

"You always use that excuse when you hit somebody."

"Screw this," I said, trying to get out of the argument.

"I told you not to use that word!" my father yelled.

"What? Screw? I have heard so many words that are worse than that."

"And that doesn't exactly excite me," my father snapped back, lowering his voice this time.

"Well screw you then!" I yelled back at him. Everyone looked at us like I brought a dragon into a barn.

Damien backed away to let us settle this ourselves.

There was a dead silence between the two of us.