Nick Jonas- flu and diabetes dont mix

*~*~*~* Nick's POV *~*~*~*

I absolutely HATE being sick. I hate being sick as is but I also hate when it mixes with my levels, it makes me feel even worse than I already do. It was just my luck to get sick with the flu, but now my levels are acting up. I groaned and pulled my blanket up over my head and tried to get some sleep but it wasn't working, my head and throat were hurting and my nose was too stuffed for me to breath properly. I pulled the blanket off my face and grabbed my phone and texted my sister Aby and asked her if we had and cold medicine and see if she could find a kit for me also since I was starting to get a hot flash, which meant my levels were high. I pulled the blanket off my body and laid there until Aby came into my room. I heard the door open and I felt the bed dip.

 "Not feeling good bro?" I looked over and saw Aby sitting next to me with a kit, thermometer, and cold meds in her hands. "No I feel like crud." She sighed and set everything down on the nightstand. She reached over and felt my forehead. "Definitely have a fever. What hurts the most?" "Everything basically, mostly head and throat." She started unzipping the kit and set the meter up. "Hand me a finger, I'm going to test you first while I take your temp.” I sighed and closed my eyes as I leaned back against the pillows. 

I felt her grab my hand and I bent a finger for her to test. She sighed and grabbed it and pricked it. I didn't even flinch when she drew blood. "That bad?" I just nodded and let her finish. While she waited for the meter to go off she decided to check my temperature. "I'm going to check your temp now, OK?" I nodded and flinched when she put the thermometer in my ear.

"Sorry, ears bugging also or was it just from the thermometer going in?" "You checking." I didn't say much because my throat was dry and hurting a lot. "Almost done, then you can have some meds and water. I can tell by the way you're swallowing its dry and hurting?" I nodded being careful of the thermometer in my ear.  "Okay, I'll get you some water when its done." Just as she was finished, the thermometer went off and she looked at it to see how bad my fever was. 

*~*~*~*~* Aby's POV *~*~*~*~* 

I felt bad for Nick. He always hates being sick, usually because his levels are thrown out of balance. I was shocked when he asked me for cold medicine. I knew he wasn't feeling good but for him to ask for anything I knew that he had it bad, he rarely asks for help. So when I went in his room and saw him I knew he was miserable. I was shocked even more when he didn't put up a fight when I went to check his levels. When his meter went off I wasn't surprised at the number.

"310" I told him. He groaned and rolled over on his side so I could access his pod. I grabbed the thermometer when it went off before he rolled over. "103.4, you got it bad big bro." I sighed and grabbed a water out of his mini fridge and then grabbed the cold medicine. "Here, drink some water, but slowly so you don't upset your stomach, and take the cold meds. Then try and get some sleep." He nooded and drank some water and took the meds. Once he took the meds, I gave him his insulin and made sure he was comfortable before I left.

"I'm going to go help mom with lunch. Let me know if you need anything else, OK?" He nodded and started falling asleep. I got up and left the room and went to see if my mom needed any help.

*~*~*~* 3rd person POV *~*~*~*~*

Nick was sick for the rest of the week, but with the help of his sister and mother he felt better and was able to get his Diabetes under control and back to normal.