Chapter 1 - Great.

Start from the beginning

"Alright that'll be eight fifty."

"Thank you," I say. Then, I pull around to the next window taking a ten from my purse. Doe tries to hand me money, but I refuse and pass the coffees to the girls leaving one for me. "Keep the change," I say. Then, I pull out and smile because I'm heading to the start of my last year of school.

"The girls say to meet us in the lobby," Sadie says when we pull into the senior parking lot.

"I can't believe we're actually parking in the senior parking lot!" Doe squeals beside me. I giggle at her excitement and step out of the car.

"Now you wanna be happy." Sadie mumbles, before getting out too.

When we get to the lobby I see the girls standing near the reception desk.

"Hey guys," I say walking up to them.

"Look who finally decided to show up," Mindy states.

"It's literally seven-twenty," Doe says from behind me.

"Yeah, you're pretty much late," Claire says. I roll my eyes at their over dramatic tendencies and head to the reception desk.

"Good morning Mrs. Kerr," I say in a cheery voice.

"Good morning Lana," she says. Then, she digs through her pile and hands me my schedule with a wink.

"Thank you," I say and she nods, giving me a smile. I've always been her favorite.

I walk over to see if I have any classes with the girls. I have one class with Mindy, none with Claire or Rebecca (as they're not the smartest people) and all of my classes match Doe and Sadie except first block, physics.

"Oh God, I wish I didn't have physics," I whine.

"I have it too. I just have it for fourth," Mindy says.

"Definitely sucks," I say.

"Agreed," she replies.

"Alright, well I'm gonna head toward the science wing. Anyone have to go there first block?" I ask.

"I do," Rebecca says.

"Alright, we'll see you girls at lunch!" We say our goodbyes and head to the science wing chattering away about each other's mornings. I approach the physics room,ay goodbye to Rebecca and head into the room.

"Welcome," a tall man standing in front of the room says. "I'm Mr. Lake your physics teacher."

"Nice to meet you sir. I'm Lana," I say.

"Nice to meet you too. You can sit anywhere you'd like." I smile and nod and head towards the tables. The tables are made for two people so, I'm assuming i'll have a partner eventually. I head towards the back, but stop and turn around. If I'm in the back it might be hard for me to concentrate. So, I take a seat one row back from the front.

I sit and wait people trickle in one by one. With nothing else to do, I decide to people watch. After a while I come to an odd realization. The whole time I hadn't actually seen two people enter together. As the seats begin to fill I turn my schedule over and begin doodling, wondering which of my peers will end up next to me.

A few minutes later, with me still partner-less, he begins an introduction.

"Hello everyone. I'm Mr. Lake and I am your physics teacher. I would like you to know that I do not have assigned seats-" he's cut off by a husky voice. I look up from the paper I'm doodling on and see a boy standing in the doorway. He has black hair and olive skin. For a second I couldn't stop looking at his emerald eyes. My eyes travel down to his lips and I practically cringe when I see the piercing on his lip. Ouch. I scan him for anymore piercings and find that both of his ears are not only pierced, but they're gauged. Gross. Also, there's a small ring through his eyebrow. Grosser. He's wearing a black V-neck, black jeans filled with holes, and to top it off black Nike Skateboard shoes. I roll my eyes and observe his arms, which are covered in bracelets in every color you could possibly dream of. He's carrying books under his right arm and a skateboard under his left, typical .

"Sorry Sir. I'm new here. Are you Mr. Lake and is this physics?" He asks.

"I am and it is. Please take a seat anywhere."

"Thank you," the boy answers. Then, he turns his head and scans the crowd. I feel my heart drop into my stomach when his eyes land on me. His lips curl up into a smile and he walks over and sits down right next to me. Oh God, in what world does he live him that it's okay for people like him to sit with people like me? It is not okay!

"Hi, my name's Beck," he says sticking out his hand. I look at his hand and look at his face. There's no way I'm touching skater boy's hand.

"Lana," I say without taking his hand. He pulls his hand back slowly, nods and turns away. Mr. Lake gets back to his introductions.

"Like I was saying. The seats you're in now are the seats you will be in for the entire semester," he explains and I roll my eyes. Great, I'm stuck with punk rock skater boy until January. Dammit.

Authors Note:

New story ! First chapter ! (: excited !

I would really , really , really like your feedback. Good or bad ! It's always welcome !

also, check out my other stories ! (:

feel free to ask any questions !

Thanks ! (:

Always,
-Tiffany, (:

P.S Cover is by shortstuff21 !!(: