Chapter 1 - Great.

"Good morning dad!" I say entering the kitchen.

"Good morning sweetheart," he replies. "I can't believe my baby girl is already a senior. It seems like just yesterday I was buying you your first tutu."

"Shh dad, don't make such a big deal out of it," I say. Then, I head to the refrigerator. I grab the orange juice and pour myself a glass. Then, I put it back and head to the pantry to get a Pop Tart. "Where's mom ?" I ask after pushing the toaster down.

"She had to leave early. She's flying out to Paris today to meet with a client," he explains.

"That's good," I say. "She really needed to take a break from working on her new collection. I understand she has deadlines, but she was working herself too hard."

"I know sweetheart. I'm glad she's going."

"Me too," I say. Then, I look over at the clock. It's seven o'clock sharp. I have thirty-five minutes to get to school. "Alright, I'm going to leave now. I have to pick up Doe and Sadie."

"Alright, have a good day. Did you get the money I left on your dresser?" He asks.

"Yes. Thank you dad," I say. Then, I give him a kiss on the cheek. I walk towards the living room, but stop to take another look at him because I know he most likely won't be here when I get home. I grab my previously packed bag from next to the door, my car keys from the hook, and head out to my car.

I pull up at Doe's house five minutes later and honk the horn three times. It's our code so she knows it's me. There are six of us in our group Dorinda, a.k.a Doe, Mindy, Claire, Rebecca, Sadie and me. Recently we've added Ethan and Lucas to our group, but I don't count them as best friends just yet. Sadie, Doe and I have been the closest for the longest. We've known each other since we were in diapers as our mothers are close friends.

Doe walks out of her house looking frustrated.

"Good morning beautiful," I say as she gets in the car.

"Good morning gorgeous," she replies. I pull out of my spot and head towards Sadie's house.

"What's got you all worked up this morning?" I ask.

"Louie," she says. Her little brother.

"What did he do?" I ask.

"He let his weirdo friends into my room! They went through my underwear drawer!" She exclaims.

"Which one?" I tease. See, the thing is we're all pretty well off around here. Everyone who goes to our school has money. Some more than others and some less.

"Oh shut it," she says as we pull up to Sadie's house. I'm surprised to see that she's already on the porch. She smiles her famous ear to ear smile when she sees the car and skips down her lawn toward us.

"Good morning my beautiful best friends," she says when she gets into the car.

"Well you're happy this morning," I say.

"Yes, yes I am."

"Well why?" I ask raising an eyebrow even though she can't see it.

"The same reason everyone should be happy! It's our first day of our last year of high school!"

"Oh God Sadie," Doe says from beside me. She reaches out and turns the radio up.

"Whatever Debbie downer!" Sadie calls over the music. I laugh at the both of them and pull into the drive through at our favorite coffee house.

"Hello, may I take your order?"

"I'll take three medium, French Vanilla iced coffees," I say.