the one with malfoy

"I don't take orders.
I barely take suggestions."

WHEN I REACHED Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour, I had so many things. There was a wand that I had to make sure didn't break, and a cauldron, and a telescope, and phials and brass scales and loads of books and my uniform.

And the most disorienting matter was that Hagrid wasn't here. Probably he thought I'd take more time. And every one was staring at me like I was some crazy psycho, which I think I am. And for whatever reason, everyone seemed to have a vague idea of who I was. Granted, I had a strange muggle name with a strange last name, and I wore muggle clothes but I actually was a pureblood.

Sigh.

I got a pistachio flavored ice cream which was really good to be honest. I've never tasted anything like that before. Maybe they magicked the thing to taste better?

"Is the seat empty," I heard the same cold voice that was filled with so much curiosity now.

"Yes. But not for you," I said smiling cheekily at him.

His smirk faltered a bit but he sat down anyway. Flopping his stuff on the side he folded his hands on the table, getting comfortable.

"I'll pour the ice cream on you," I threatened but he laughed.

"I'd like to see you try," he said, deadpanned. I rolled my eyes but smiled eventually.

"I am Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," he introduced putting his hand forward to shake. Iconic.

"Skylar Nova Firegold," I said shaking his hands. He looked a little taken aback but then he smirked and instead pulled my hands towards him and pressed his lips firmly on my hand. I blushed furiously. Like come on. It's Draco Malfoy we're talking of.

He dropped my arm next.

"I'm sorry about what happened back there," he said clearly not sorry.

"That's no biggie," I said, frowning. He was going to be a tough nut to crack. He furrowed his eyebrows, clearly not understanding my street language.

"That's not a problem," I replied in a more sophisticated way. He nodded. "Just next time try not to be rude to me because I have a reputation for making bad things happen to people."

"Alright," he raised his hands. "I mean, judging by your appearance you looked like a muggle. So, yeah. . . " he said as I laughed a bit.

"Well, judging by your appearance, I think you're a model. But you're not," I said. He furrowed his eyebrows again. And this time I smacked my forehead.

"I keep mentioning muggle things to you. Sorry," I said. I grabbed my cell phone from my back. Draco, taking a glance at the unknown object in front of him, flinched and grabbed his wand. I laughed again as I turned it on.

"It's called a mobile," I said opening the camera.

"Smile," I said quickly as I snapped pictures of him. He didn't smile though. He was confused as fuck.

"See, it's the muggle owl. We use it to call, message or video call people. Also, there's a magical thing in the muggle world called Google," I said. I was feeling so excited because, even toddlers know what a mobile is and he doesn't.

"Google is a universal library. It has information for anything and everything. Provided they exist, " I said.

He couldn't be more disgusted. I showed him a random number back home. I didn't really have friends, so. I mean, who'd want to befriend a psycho who changes colors of her own eyes? But the message didn't deliver. Naturally. It's a Magical place-electronics run haywire. That or, I really did a timejump and mobiles don't exist yet.

"Malfoy," and I heard the voice of Hagrid. I immediately let a sigh of relief.

"You're with him?" Draco ask. There was a freaked out sneer on his face.

"Yes," I said firmly.

"Why?" he asked. Hagrid huffed.

"Don't judge Draco. He's my guide round. So yeah," I said picking up my bag pack. Draco managed to give a small smile back that ended up being a grimace at the sight of Hagrid.

"See you at Hogwarts," he said.

"Or you could always owl me," I said giggling as I went out with Hagrid.

"Befriending Malfoy, huh? Not a good idea if you ask me, ye see, his family is quite a supporter of You-Know-Who," Hagrid said looking down at me.

"I know about the Malfoy reputation. But, boundaries deserve to be crossed," I said walking straight ahead.

-

I was staying at room number 129 in the Leaky Cauldron pub slash motel. Hagrid said it'd be a hard task to apparate back to Sydney with so many things. Apparently the last thing I got, yes, Hagrid gave it as a gift, was an owl. It was a weird shade of turquoise and white. It was almost white but there were a few blue streaks here and there. To be honest I think that's the weirdest bird I've ever seen. I named her Nym.

I was in a room in the Leaky Cauldron. There was fruit cakes and pea soups, warm and boiling, in front of me. But here I was engrossed in the books.

Reading was always my thing. But definitely not school books. Back in Sydney, I'd totally fail for all I did was read story books. But Hogwarts is a different case. The books are itself story books. I have a severe thought that I'd come overall second. Next to Hermione.

I went through and few charms and spells, most of which I knew because I read the Harry Potter series so many times. There were Expelliarmus, Accio, Diffindo, Alarte Ascendare ( which obviously Gilderoy Lockhart used in the second year), Alohomora, Anapneo, Anteoculatia (a hex), Brakium Emendo, Aresto Momentum, Ascendio, Avifors (Professor McGonagall will teach it for Transfiguration of keys to birds), and many many more. To be honest, I pretty much learnt the spell book. The next thing I need to do is get the Advanced Potions from the Potions store room.

By far, out of all the books, I hated History of Magic. It's exactly like muggle history. Same sort. Just way more older. But it was still information. And I'd choose Magical History over Hitler and Stalin any day.

Hagrid had already gotten me my train ticket that leaves tomorrow from Kings Cross station, platform 9 3/4. I am as excited as confused. It's still like an haze.

Suddenly there was a tap on the window. I turned to see a lovely ash colored owl poking with a beautiful tinted envelope. I opened the window, the owl dropped the letter and flew away. I picked up the letter. It was from Draco because clearly his distinguished signature adorned beneath my name.

He had a lovely handwriting.

I opened it. It wasn't much. Just a paragraph. But it was amazing looking. I wonder what're his academics.

Skylar ,
I have a feeling we'll be great friends. Hope you find me in the right compartment and in the right common room.
Love,
Draco.

I smiled. Love. How British. I'm definitely being a Slytherin. I always wanted to be a Slytherin. And the closers to Draco, the better I am. He's one of the few people, I deeply believed, was capable of redemption.