Chapter 3

"Mom, the guests are here!" I exclaim. In walks Chloe, Allie, and May, three of my best friends from dance. Right behind them are Megan, Annie, and Clarice, three of my closest friends from school and the soccer team.
"Hi, Lucy!" They all exclaim as they walk in the house.
"Wow, your house is big!" I hear May say quietly. That's right! She hasn't been here before and neither has Allie! I guide them to the living room and find a spot for their presents on the table.
"So, what do you guys want to do?" I ask them. There's no real plan for this party, so I'll do whatever they want and be fine with it.
"Do you wanna just go up to your room and talk or something?" Clarice asks.
"Sure! Follow me!" I say and lead them upstairs to my bedroom. I love my room. It's a light purple, and my bed is huge and purple and white! I also have a black and purple bungee chair in the corner.
"I love your room!" Breathes Allie, and I laugh.
"Thanks!"
"Lucy, are you excited for soccer to start up next week?" Megan asks. Oh no. I was dreading this conversation.
"Actually, I'm not doing soccer this year." I say. Their jaws drop.
"How could you not be doing soccer?! We've been planning to be the top scorers on our team for forever!" Annie exclaims.
"I'm really sorry! I've decided to just focus on dance this year." I say.
"Irish dance." Megan mutters while laughing a bit.
"What's so bad about it?" I ask.
"Nothing. Soccer's just a lot more challenging than some irish dance thing, and I'm surprised that you've gone to do something a lot easier and less athletic." Megan says. I hate this so so much! I didn't wanna make my best friends mad at me, but I can't focus on both things if I wanna be amazing!
"Irish dance is so athletic and hard! I bet you couldn't do it if you tried!" I shoot back. Chloe and Allie seem to be sitting back, unsure of whether or not they should get involved. Megan gets off the bed and starts doing some weird movement with her legs and arms, while Clarice and Annie laugh.
"See! I can do the jig better than you and it's way easier than soccer or any other sport!" Megan exclaims sitting back down on the bed.
"You didn't even do it right! You looked like a monkey!" I protest.
"Alright, let's see you do it better!" Clarice says and Megan nods, laughing. I get off the bed, determined to dance better than I ever have before. I begin doing the slow treble jig that Razz taught me just the other day. When I finish I realize that Megan, Clarice, and Annie are giggling like crazy.
"What?" I yell. They continue their laughing.
"Can you guys stop? Or at least tell me what's funny because you're ruining my party!" I say.
"You looked like a horse dancing around like that! Megan was better and she doesn't even do it!" Annie shrieks with laughter. My eyes well with tears, but I shrug them off. This is the worst party ever!