vii

"i wanna die inside but i also want to be the most alive person on the outside," louis whispered to himself while he stuck his tongue out and he wrote it down on a scrap of a sticky note sloppily and sticks it onto his pin board while harry was lying down on the bed, feet at the headboard and head over the footboard, upside down and staring at louis write the words down. "do you ever just get scared of living, haz?" louis spoke out fluently while continuing to write rather depressing thoughts onto a series of sticky notes. harry cocked his head up and sat in indian style on the bed with his hands on his knees and his brain still hurt from the blood flowing to it.

"no, why would you say that?" harry asked carefully while louis turned around and stared harry square in the face. "hey, are you alright? you seem kind of pale."

"doesn't the inevitability of death and the true massacre that we are causing our own species scare you at least a little bit?" harry shook his head again. "what about the fact that we won't amount to anything, not even if we try? we're all gonna end up dead, so it doesn't quite matter what you do with your life if it all goes to waste in the end." harry shook his head once again. "but the fact that america has the highest obe-"

"you dickface! you used depressing thoughts to interpret that tweet into your words!" louis laughed and with hands above his head he walked over to harry, as if saying that he's guilty. he sat down on his own bed and laid his head onto harry's lap, smiling up at him.

"the parade was fun. everybody was allowed to be themselves without being frowned upon." except for himself. harry smiled and pushed louis' fringe out of his face again, a hobby that he quite honestly enjoyed more than he should, and he nodded. "you looked so happy. you were so like yourself. i admired you a lot today, harry." and harry smiled again while he stared down at louis. "seriously, it takes a lot of courage to come out as yourself and i'm really proud of you."

a lot of courage that he himself didn't have.

"thank you," harry whispered, voice cracking and his smile turning into a much wider one. "thank you for coming with me, too. you were fun today. all smiley and giggly and cute."

they could keep these compliments and remarks go on forever, because louis really is proud of harry and harry really does think louis looked incredible and acted incredibly today. "truth or dare again?"

louis shook his head. "let's order some chinese food." and harry chuckled but nodded in agreement because he want gonna let an opportunity to eat chinese slide. louis didn't even bother to get his laptop, he just asked harry to get him the menu and he called the number quickly, already knowing what he wants.

"can we have a delivery to the tomlinsons?" louis asked while the man practically groaned, so he took it as a yes. "i'll take that as a yes, okay, we want a portion of orange beef, some white rice," he trailed off and looked at harry. "what do you want?" and harry just held up the number six, so that's what he told the man. "we'll pay at the door, thanks." and he put the phone down, staring back up at harry.

harry is sort of being drowned by the look of louis' eyes and he believes that he hates the way louis makes him feel but also adores the way that he flutters his eyelashes and covers his mouth when he giggles. he's jealous of louis, of his appearance, his confidence, hell, even his height, and he doesn't want that right at this moment. he doesn't want to feel jealous towards louis but he believes he does.

he knows it's a lame excuse as soon as he sees louis actually flutter his eyelashes and look up at him, tracing his own his jawline with his finger and harry feels a bit dizzy because, wow. this boy looks fucking good and he smells fucking good and sometimes, when they're alone, he acts fucking well. and he's so impressed with the way that everything but louis seemed to blur out of the picture once he focused on louis' eyes and he doesn't know whether to think much of it or to think nothing of it but he shrugs it off regardless of what his subconscious might be telling him and moves on with his life.