Chapter 13

(A/N: Heyya people! We are back with a new chapter. Hope you all will enjoy reading it! We need more votes and comments. Positive comments and criticism accepted. Enjoy.)
------------

I take Nidhi to my room. I put her pillow and blanket in place and sit beside her. I pat her tummy, and put her to sleep.

Nidhi: "Amma."

Nandini: "Hmm..."

Nidhi: "When will Appa come?" Appa? He won't come, baby. He doesn't care about us. Usko pata bhi nahi ki you guys are our children.

Nandini: "He will come soon, baby."

Nidhi: "Kahan hai voh?" She takes the jar of fireflies kept on the bedside table. This is a smaller jar when compared to mine. My jar is on my dressing table, with no fireflies in it. Yep, it's an empty jar. I don't believe in them anymore. I let them go the day I got expelled. Nidhi talks to her fireflies.

Nidhi: "Guys, why don't you show us our dad? Why don't you show Amma her true love? You know, Amma doesn't believe in you guys. I want to prove it to her that you are real. We want our Appa back. Please, wherever he is, ask him to come back na? Please." I cry. It's all my fault. She hugs the jar and smiles. I should tell them about Manik.

Nandini: "You sleep baby. Sweet dreams." I wipe my tears and walk out. I close the door behind me and with my back against the door, I slide down. Why Manik? Why are you making our lives so difficult? I want you back. But I can't afford to lose my kids. They are the only reason I am alive. I can't snatch away my kids' happiness for mine. I am in a dilemma now. Should I tell them? Or should I tell Manik? Or rather, just let it be the way it is? I cry, with my knees against my chest. "Manik, you are affecting 3 lives. Can I forgive him and take him back? I love him, no doubt about it. But I'm scared whether he'll hurt me again. If he does, I won't be able to live after that and my kids need me.

Naman: "Amma? Mom?" I quickly wipe my tears and stand up. I walk downstairs slowly. "Mom, were you crying?"

Nandini: "No. Not at all. Why? I look like I cried?"

Naman: "Mom, stop lying. You miss your fireflies na?" Not just my fireflies. I miss my Manik too.

Nandini: "Haan. Okay come now. Do you want anything?"

Naman: "Yeah. You join us in our game na?"

Nandini: "Which game?"

Naman: "The Game of Life. Please?" He pleads and I give in.
~~POV ends~~

~~Manik's POV~~
Everyone cheers and hoots for us. The judges appreciate our performance.

Judge 1: "WOW! You guys were amazing. The way you put your emotions into the song, fantastic performance."

Judge 2: "So... looks like you've managed to get your 7th album." Yeah. Actually, FAB 5 have a habit of performing on the spot instead of recording it first and then playing it during the release. We perform both our songs and do some formalities. We sign the CD, as usual. We get down the stage with pride. People come running for our autographs and we sign like, 100s of them.

Cabir: "Guys, I think we should go to Nandini's place. The kids are there and she must be having a tough time."

Mukti: "Yeah. But my son is really introvert. So lagta nahi ki he must be causing so much trouble. He must be sitting in some corner, singing songs to keep himself entertained."

Navya: "I should have stayed with Nandini. If I could come, then we probably should've brought everyone. It would be awesome that way."

Manik: "Okay then, let's go?" I sound so desperate right now, but I really don't care. I miss her a lot.

Dhruv: "Haan haan... Chalo chalte hai."

We leave to our car. Of course, our stalkers follow us till the car but the securities stop the crowd. We leave to Nandini's place.

Cabir: "Bichari Nandini. Pata nahi kaise handle karti hogi."

Abhi: "My sis is damn good at handling kids. She has 2 of her own, under her control." Own? They're not her kids, bro.

Navya: "But those kids are not Nandini's. They are Aryamann's ex-girlfriend's." Yep. Navya has become so smart lately.

Abhi: "Whatever. But if she can handle 2, it's not a really big task or should I say, challenge for her." I know. She is damn caring and loving. I just don't have her because of that fucking pyscho, Soha but it won't be long before we're back together.

We chit-chat throughout the trip. The others get down at their houses as they were dead tired. So Cabir, Navya and I, as usual, left to her place soon after dropping them. We reach the her place at 5. 'Murthy's Residence.' Hmm... So this is where they moved in after our breakup?? No wonder why I couldn't find them there, in their old house.

Anyways, I ring the doorbell. A guy comes, whom I suppose is Aryamann. He looks at me and gives a questioning look.

Manik: "What? The kids are here okay? We've come to pick them up. So just fuck off." I push him and walk past him. I see a room, but I open it and there is no one. I go to the left room and that room is filled with the kids. Probably, I have actually come here for them but I can take this as a chance to see my Nandini. I gently close the door, without disturbing them. I run upstairs and open the door and there she is, chasing a small kid. She is running around the room in a knee-length floral dress and a denim overcoat. Her waist length hair, curled slightly to give more volume. Her long leaf-patterned earrings dangling about her shoulder. I stand by the door, admiring her beauty.

Nandini: "Naman, idhar aao aur mera phone vapas do." He shakes his head. "Listen... If I come there na? I won't leave you, I'm telling you."

Naman: "Catch me if you can."

Nandini: "Naman! Monster." Monster? I thought she only calls me that. Come on Nandini, you can't be calling him that.

Naman: "Okay Mom, I surrender and I'm sorry. I won't trouble anyone again." He raises his hands in the air and gives her phone back. Nandini comes to him and ruffles his hair again. He kisses her on her cheek and she kisses him too.

Nandini: "Naman promise?"

Naman: "Umm... No!" He runs towards me and I don't realise.

Naman: *running towards the door* "Mom, you come down for..." *bumps into Manik* "Ouch... Why the hell are you standing here? Can't you see that you are blocking the door?" I ignore him. I am lost in Nandini. She is folding some clothes and I cross my arms and stand leaning against the wall, smiling at her. The kid looks at me with wide eyes, expecting an answer and looks back at Nandini.

Naman: "Excuse me, she is my mom. You can't look at her like that. Why are you even here?" He gently pushes me. I come back to my senses.

--------------
(We need your support, votes and comments. Do tell us how you liked the chapter. Next Chapter will be updated on Thursday. Till then, Alvida.)