Eight

The cadets were all ready within minutes and i was surprised. I couldn't have done myself up that fast. All of us were ready to leave and i was feeling nostalgic. The air, filled with nervous, frightened tension filled me with delight.

I remember the old times. The fear that ran through our veins and the uncertainty that wrecked our minds. It all has changed. The senior batch had a stoic expression all saying the same thing. It was actually quite funny. Everyone else either looked scared or bored and i was there almost about to laugh at it all. Levi was on my right and he sat upon his black horse. It kinda looked like mine but with a white diamond on its forehead. He looked at me with his blank face and his eyes shone with excitement. He was obviously thrilled to kill.

I found Eren and his gang somewhere close by and he looked so ready to go. His body could hardly hold itself together. The grin on his face was mad and his emerald eyes were filled with ecstasy. The boy craved this moment.

The place was hectic. Our junior cadets had to be split and mixed with the senior cadets and some of them were crying. Mikasa, being one of the better ones, was put with the elites at the front. Eren was put in the middle and Armin in the back. Levi and i joined Mikasa in the front. My only wish for this match was that most of us will survive. Its been so long since we've fought these wretched things. Five years to be exact.

Five years since I lost everything.

As i swooped through the skyline, i saw the heads of the titans. Two down already by my hands. I saw more and before I knew it, two more were added to my killed streak. I'm pretty good. As i advanced towards the wall, i saw the colossal ass' face. I land directly in front of it.

"Its always nice to see a familiar face"

Little did i know, a junior of mine was on the opposite side.