Seven

All of them gathered at 8 in the morning. 2 hours before normal. I moaned and rolled off the bed and began to get ready. I was already 10 minutes late and Levi would kill me if it reached 20. He was already banging on my door.
"Novak! You better get up right now or I will slaughter you instead of them! "
"Patience! I'm almost done."

The turn out was more awake than I was so that was a good thing. My half was mixed up with Levi's so i couldn't personally wish them the best. 

"Okay. So you guys standing here have the pleasure of being here because you are the strongest. The past few weeks have been hell from your respective seniors. I expect only the best to be standing before me. " Erwin's voice echoed through the gathering.

My hair was tied back and my short fringe was swept aside. My stomach still hurt and i was so hungry, i was starting to tear up. Today would be the day where the cadets would have to versus each other. They would be set in a test within the forest for Erwin to see their maneouvour gear skills and titan killing skills. Levi and i would stand off to the side watching each others cadets.

In the forest, the titan replicas were put and were set by Hanji for us to use them. They were ranging from 5 metre classes to 20 metre classes. 

They were all assembled on the branches at the edge of the forest as Erwin gave out the instructions. As soon as we came, the cadets were already zipping through.

As i had expected, Mikasa was easily going past the trees and her reaction to the the titan replicas were quick and her slices were deep. Eren was right behind her. Trying to replicate her agility. Armin was elsewhere. Connie was following Reiner. Good thing about this kid was that he was quiet. Reiner didn't know he was there until about the last second after he saw the replica. But before Connie could get to it, Sasha zipped past him and delivered a mediocre slice to its nape. She laughed victoriously before carrying on in her journey. Reiner and Connie were left confused.

Before lunch, the cadets were called back and were congratulated. All of them met Erwin's standard. As they walked off for lunch, someone came riding towards us.

"Erwin, there has been a problem within the walls."

Erwin's features darkened.

"The colossal titan has breached the wall. The same as 5 years ago. The Garrison isn't equipped to deal with the Titans coming through."
Erwin looked him over and started sighing. "We'll get our men ready as soon as we can."

At the canteen, the noise was deafening. There was laughter and shouting. God, i pity all these teens about to receive news that would explode their pants. 

"ALL CADETS TO BE MOUNTED IN FULL GEAR AT THE MAIN SQUARE NOW." I ordered over all the noise.

Silence.

The canteen roared into action. The kids clambered out of their seats and ran to the doors. Within seconds, the canteen was emptied of people. All their unfinished food and happiness left to rot on the table. The air was charged. And this energy was dangerous. I remembered a time like this. A long ago. It was the day we all changed.