Chapter Two

The midst of the deserted village was covering most of their sight as the swords along with their saniwa walked along the pathway carefully. It was so quiet that even if someone kicked a stone, it would echo loudly in the air.

Yasusada who was on the left side of the formation started to feel chills all over his body. His hands were shaking as he held his sword. Something about this place just reeks of mysterious things. But despite the bad atmosphere, he could felt a sense of 'home' in the area; maybe because it used to be inhabited by villagers.

"Hey, Yasu..." Kashuu called out from beside him in a whisper. "Don't you think this place has a weird vibe to it...."

Yasusada nodded in response.

"It almost feels like...I've been here before..."Yasusada added.

Kashuu turned to him with a hint of surprise..."It's a coincidence...me too..."

Suddenly there was a huge rumble in the ground and several spiked monsters appeared in front of them. In the centre, a huge beast stood blocking their whole path.

"Who dares to cross this land shall perish..." the beast said in a deep monotonous voice followed by a huge smack on one of the houses.

The saniwa, who stood in the middle of her swords, signaled them a sign for combat. With that the few swords in front of her began their relentless assault towards the smallest creatures.

Yasudasa however was pinned on one of the small monsters headed inside a small concrete house. He unconsciously followed the beast inside the building in hope to kill it. But when he went in, he found something far different.

A man sat by the table where two swords were placed. He took his turns in wiping them and holding them dearly. He could see that one of the swords he held was exactly like the ones Kashuu was holding and the other...

He stared at his sword...

It was exactly the same.

At that very moment, various images filled his head; mages of Kashuu the man, and even himself. It was then he realized that Kashuu had been one of he's sword mates with the same owner, Okita Souji.

"Yasu! Yasu!" a male voice screamed from his head. Yasusada then broke from his trance and was now facing the great beast from before. The house he was in was shattered in flames, placing him in a position with no escape.

He turned a few corners to find Kashuu and found him on the other side of the flames not too far from him.

"Yasu! We gotta finish him off! And quick!" he said as he ran towards his comrade to assist him in battle.

Finally remembering the past, Yasusada took his sword and ran towards the beast alongside his companion. As they ran towards their destination which was the eye of the beast, they sliced deep wounds on the monster making him roar loudly in pain.

"That's it..." he said, pissed as he got up; making Yasudasa who was crawling up the beast legs, fall. Kashuu called out to Yasudasa but it did not seem to reach him.

"This is the end..." and from that the beast started to produce steam in between its scales. Kashuu, who was holding on to one of the scales felt the hot liquid melting out of the skin. "This will kill me but at least, my friends won't have to deal with you guys anymore..."the monstrous beast said with a wicked laugh.

Yasusada did not what to do. All he knew was he could run and leave Kashuu, but before he could do that a wave of memories enveloped his mind once again; this time with the image of Kashuu leaving. Tears started to roll down Yasusada's cheeks as he was reminded of his beloved comrade's death in the past.

I'm not going to allow that to happen again!

Yasudasa jumped from the ground and grabbed Kashuu in his arms. They both exchanged their final glance at each other.

"I'm sorry I had to break the promise..." he said, in tears.

Kashuu's face was filled with surprise and fear now. He did not want his friend to leave him alone again...he wanted to stay with him forever...

"B-but-"

"Ora Ora Ora..." Yasudasa cut him off as he threw Kashuu towards the other swords and the saniwa who had already seek shelter. Yasudasa took his sword and screamed at the beast. "Come at me with all you got, you beast!"

The beast roared as the lava from his scales melted and burned the petit sword's feet.

Even if he would have a chance to live, he still could not live a full live without Kashuu. He was glad that he could live now instead of being dead like before.

"So this is goodbye then...."