00

dear thalia,

by the time you get this letter, you're probably in bed getting wasted, trying to get over me.

your place probably looks trashed, like it always was before we got together. you're clothes are all over the place from your endless one-night stands. you feel like a complete piece of shit because day by day, you realize how much you've been falling apart.

and all of this is because of me. have you finally realized how much you've loved me? did it take you that long to realize that my love for you was genuine?

perhaps not. perhaps i have predicted wrongly. maybe you won't even be home when this letter arrives. maybe you're still out with your friends, partying and celebrating the freedom of being single again. considering the fact that our relationship was most likely just a simple game to you.

it's bright and sunny here in stockholm. i live in a small apartment, but i am content with it because of its undying charm. everyone here seems to be charming yet humorous. there are a few attractive girls here and there, but none stand a chance against your beauty. in my eyes, you are utopian.

later when i get the chance, i can send over a postcard or two. but you probably won't even care. you've never given a fuck about anything. you always thought maybe being carefree would leave you with no worries, but darling, the world doesn't work like that.

i loved you so fucking much that when you ripped my heart out, i ran away. it was too much for me to handle, so i did what a true coward at heart would do. instead of handling the situation, i ran away because i couldn't control my emotions.

but who could blame me?

you were thalia, the one and only thalia grace acardi. you were a stunning work of art, giving off great aesthetic pleasure. you liked wearing vintage denim overalls with striped black-and-white t-shirts. you carried flowers in your pockets everywhere you went because you thought they were exquisite. you ate too much sour patch candies whenever you got sad, but getting high on helium always made you ecstatic. you never turned down a challenge, you never took 'no' for an answer. you didn't follow your parents' plans for you, like every obedient child would do.

you always cried and complained about the society we live in, about how fucked up it is. you adored using polaroids and vinyls, and you always talked about how you wished you could've lived your life in the 90's. you worshipped lana del rey as if she were a goddess and listened to her music frequently up to the point where it got exceedingly annoying. but you didn't care, you never did.

at times your laugh would be loud and obnoxious, but i didn't mind. i always wanted to hear it play in my ears. wherever we went, your smile never failed to be contagious.

you loved doodling striking designs of flowers and galaxies all across your arms, but never had enough spunk to get a real tattoo. no matter where we were or where we went, you always had an intoxicating scent of flowers. no one could ever find this exotic scent anywhere else. it was addicting, everything about you was addicting.

before i run out of enough courage to finish this fucking letter, i'll just cut to the chase.

truthfully, writing this letter to you is probably one of the hardest things i've ever done. in this, i composed the things i have wanted to say to you after what had happened and before i fled. i just never had the chance.

thalia, i loved you so goddam much that no words in this universe can ever explain it. but after what happened, i don't think i can trust anything anymore. it may seem that i am overreacting, but i'm not. the way i'm feeling right now is not a joke. i know the only thing i should do is let go. but to achieve that goal, i have to give you back some things.

with this letter, i have a included a small package. in this package is a list of things that i have collected as tokens in our relationship. i don't know if you remember any of these, but i for sure do. every time i take a look at them, they remind me of our relationship, of you and me. they are significant, so in order for me to let go, i'm giving these back to you.

after this package arrives at your apartment, i hope you come to understand how valuable you were to me. i did love you, i always will deep in my heart, but here's your stuff, and out of my life you go.

however, it won't be that easy. i think forgetting will be much harder than forgiving.

always yours,
luke

*:・✧:* *:・✧:*

it felt hella awkward writing this letter idek and my sentences r ew :---(

also at the top,,the picture is a picture of white flowers. they are called thalia daffodil narcissus aha

i hate myself guys im so sorry

this is sort of a 'remake' (not really idk) based on "why we broke up" by daniel handler. i fell in love with the idea and wanted to create my own version. i am not trying to plagiarize his work. all creds go to him for coming up with the idea :)))

ily all