Prologue

Your POV

"Thank you for calling our hotline, need a lover? We got you covered. This is Y/N," yep this was my job. I worked at a company that allows you to pay to have a fake girlfriend or boyfriend for whatever the reason. It wasn't a very popular business but it paid the bills.

There was about ten of us who worked here, 4 men and 6 women. I was currently doing my shift at the phones while some were out in the field (which was what we called being on their fake dates) or just hanging around.

"Yes sir, we have young women who would be more than happy to attend a wedding with you," I said writing down the details of the date.

"Okay, we will make an appointment and we can discuss the packages available and such.... Yes sir... Okay see you then. Thank you for your service." I hung up the phone and sighed.

"Tired of phone duty already?" I smiled as my best friend at work sat on my desk facing me.

"It gets old you know?" I ran my fingers through my hair and bit my lip, bad habits I have picked up while working here.

"What exactly are you talking about? Because I don't think it's the phone answering we are talking about." I sighed as Emma seen right through me.

"I guess I'm just tired of being in a fake relationship with people I only talk to for the time being, I want something real. That'll last a long time. I mean I'm 23 for crying out loud, and I haven't been in a serious relationship since high school," She nodded in understanding.

"I agree, but we both know it's hard to keep a steady relationship in this business."

"Yeah yeah I know, it just sucks," before our conversation could go on any longer the phone rang.

"Duty calls," she said giving me a quick kiss on the cheek and returning to the couch with the others as I answered the next phone call.

"Need a lover? We got you covered. This is Y/N." I mentally sighed as the next person talked about their problem and why they needed a lover.

Just another hour then I was off phones, but then I had to get ready for my date tonight with a girl who needed a date for a double date with some friends. Except instead of going out as Y/N, I was Alex, a bad ass chick with a soft side for my girlfriend. I didn't mind this one though since I got to wear my leather jacket out aka my favorite piece of clothing I own.

"Alright Y/N, your shift is up! Go get ready for your date!" I laughed as Lilly slapped my ass as I walked out of the room and upstairs to my apartment. Yes our business was in the basement of an apartment building. Not the ideal place for a company but it wasn't a high rent which was good enough for us.

I put on my high waisted black jeans, a maroon tank top with my leather jacket. I straightened my hair and put applied some make up before sliding on my doc martins. I checked myself in the mirror and accepted my look. I got a text from my date for the evening that said she was outside. I grabbed my phone and money and went outside to meet her. Hopefully this date will be a distraction from my life.

SO THIS IS THE PROLOGUE! It kind of just gave you an idea of where you work and how you're feeling! This is new story I just kind of came up with out of the blue, hopefully I can keep it going and update frequently. I hope you like it and thanks for reading!